• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can I stop worrying now? STRESS!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks!

Been up since 5.30am - Lucy seems to be a bit off it. She is weeing and pooing but is not her usual greedy pig self and a bit quiet so I have been monitoring her and I am shattered!

I have been trying to get her to eat something but she has been putting her nose down to everything - but she ahs just scoffed some baby Blackberry leaves and some freshly sprouted dandelions and had a glug of water.

Can I relax a bit now? I will still keep an eye on her but can I breathe a bit now?

Why do these things always happen on a Bank Holiday or a blooming Sunday!!!

PS. Are blackberry leaves OK for buns? I did read that raspberry and blackberry leaves are good for tummys but am I right?

Blackberry leaves are fine:D
They don,t half know how to worry us don,t they:roll::roll:
I am sure she will be fine.:D:love:

Her poos are fine - but a bit smaller. I did find a humongous sticky poo in the run this morning so I think she may have tummy ache.

She has just scoffed some more dandys which I had soaked in water to get some water into her and some blackberry leaves (I had to go right to the back of the prickly bush to get the green fresh ones) and she has scoffed them.

I am going to just give hay and water today - I do think in hindsight I am giving too many pellets so plain simple fayre today.

Im off back to bed with some Valium and a packet of choc teackaes.

Her poos are fine - but a bit smaller. I did find a humongous sticky poo in the run this morning so I think she may have tummy ache.

She has just scoffed some more dandys which I had soaked in water to get some water into her and some blackberry leaves (I had to go right to the back of the prickly bush to get the green fresh ones) and she has scoffed them.

I am going to just give hay and water today - I do think in hindsight I am giving too many pellets so plain simple fayre today.

Im off back to bed with some Valium and a packet of choc teackaes.

Hmmm chocolate Tea Cakes, now thats gone and done it will have to go to the shops and get me some of those, purley medicinal for my cold you see:roll::lol:

My Bobby gets sticky poop if she has too many dandilions I haave had to fix this by just hay and water mself a couple of times

I hope Lucy is ok now
But no, you can never stop worrying. Not while you have bunnies.....xx

I know exactly what it's like,Boris seems a little bit under the weather today as well and I'm freaking out! I keep checking on him every 3 minutes or something ro make sure he's ok and he just glares at me as if to say "What are you staring at me for you b*tch,now f*ck off and let me SLEEP!" :roll:

Back