• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A tribute to my sunshine, Timmy

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
To Timtim,

You came in to our lives when you were just 8 weeks old to be a companion to our precious bridge bun Tilly. Despite her being furiously independant and bossy you adored her from the start (despite numerous attacks!) and eventually stole her heart. You two were soul buns, like Ive never seen before and me and Daddy adored you too :love: Heres a pic of you and daddy when we first got you. You were such a little black ball of fur that if it wasnt for your ears and tiny white nose we wouldnt have been able to tell which way round you were :lol:
Benspics1453.jpg

You've grown into such a beautiful boy, I swear you just get cuter and cuter every day! You were my saviour when we lost Tilly, we were all in bits but because i had to make sure you were ok I got through it. Somehow you kept making me smile even though i was devastated...
DSCN2099.jpg

And now you're helping me out through your new wife Mimis horrible horrible illness (inner ear infection inc. severe head tilt and rolling.) Youve been together now for nearly 6 months and you are ever the caring, patient husbun :love: Shes going through so much at the moment but somehow whenever you're around she perks up and shows me shes fighting :)
Heres you helping to persuade her to nom some grass...
DSCN2107.jpg

You're an amazing boy Timmy. Me and daddy have been exhausted, nervous wrecks over the last few weeks dealing with mimis illness, but you make us laugh every single day, with your silly ways and affection :D You're the sweetest boy ever and I love you endlessly.

You are my sunshine Timmy :love::love::love:

Thankyou :love:
He truly has worked miracles with me at times. I love him more than words can describe :love::love::love:

I know that feeling :)

You're both very lucky to have each other, and Mimi is also incredibly lucky to have him as a bunny friend alongside her during all this too.

I know that feeling :)

You're both very lucky to have each other, and Mimi is also incredibly lucky to have him as a bunny friend alongside her during all this too.

I was worried that they might lose their bond through this as Mimis confined to a cage and he cant get ot her all the time. But they're just so happy to see eachother everytime he goes in to her, you can visibly see her either liven up or sometimes totally relax for a nap whenever hes around.
We all love that beautiful boy, he seems to spread joy wherever he goes :love:

Oh bless him Gemma - seeing how loving Timmy still is with Mimi has nearly set me off in tears :oops: :love:

What a very special little man :love::love::love:

This is just such lovely tribute to a special caring bunster.

Mimi is so lucky to have him.

When my Inca was ill a few months ago, Herbie actually pushed her about at times! He was definately not a caring chap like Timmy!

Thanks guys,
I just felt i ought to pay tribute to what a wonderful bun he is. He must feel quite left out at the moment, what with me and oh constantly nursing Mimi, he's always around poking his little white nose into the situation ;)
But the truth is none of us could (or would want to) go through this without him. Hes an unbelievable power of strength to us, and most importantly Mimi.
And he smiles all the way through it :love:

I was worried that they might lose their bond through this as Mimis confined to a cage and he cant get ot her all the time. But they're just so happy to see eachother everytime he goes in to her, you can visibly see her either liven up or sometimes totally relax for a nap whenever hes around.
We all love that beautiful boy, he seems to spread joy wherever he goes :love:

Aw, how lovely is that! Is there no way he could have more time with her or is that just not feasible?

The affect a bunny friend has on a sick bunny is truly amazing (as you are clearly seeing). They are just so lucky to have each other.

Aw, how lovely is that! Is there no way he could have more time with her or is that just not feasible?

The affect a bunny friend has on a sick bunny is truly amazing (as you are clearly seeing). They are just so lucky to have each other.

I really wish he could have more time with her but we have to constantly watch them when they are together incase she goes into a rolling fit and I have to get him out of the way befor he gets hurt :( Shes bigger than him atm and very powerful :(
When one of us is in we leave the cage door open so that he can hop in if he wants to, we try and get him to eat his hay in her cage which encourages her to aswell :D
He really helps her alot :love:

Lovely appreciative though Gemma.

Don't ever underestimate the role a bonded partner can play in recovery.:love:

Back