• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Confusion

scatter

Alpha Buck
Hi, I feed my two Meadow and Timothy hay and have started (over the past few weeks) giving them oat hay/orchard grass and now a bit of readigrass too. Is it possible to give them too many different varieties of hay do you think, or is it fine to give any amount of grass hays?:?

Redigrass is quite high in calcuim which is why its best feed in moderation. As far as I am aware all grass hays are fine, its just legume hays such as alfalfa you need to watch, again because of its calcuim content.

hi! mine get a handful of readigrass each every day and have had no problems they love it! there also given meadow hay everyday as the basic all you can eat hay and green oat hay if im feeling flush!

mine love it too....i try not to feed lots though because i once made the mistake of giving steve(when he was a batchalbun:lol:) just oat hay when i had bought some and when it ran out he turned his nose up at the usual stuff! took me ages to get him eating it again

mine love it too....i try not to feed lots though because i once made the mistake of giving steve(when he was a batchalbun:lol:) just oat hay when i had bought some and when it ran out he turned his nose up at the usual stuff! took me ages to get him eating it again

Oh lol, I'd never thought of that:lol:

Back