• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think?

Mrs Ord

Mama Doe
I was in the shed today and stupidly left the door open a little. The shed is Carlisles home. He's not castrated yet (end of this month) Lilly who lies in the house was in the garden and sneaked in the shed. Don't worry she is spayed though. They are due to be bonded after Carlisles castration. Lilly and Carlise we're looking lovingly at each other so I thought I'd let them have a little interaction to get a feel for how the bonding would eventually go.

Carlisle was very friendly and not territorial at all. Lilly was welcome to look around his pad and make herself at home and she did :lol: He was a little sacred of her at first when she was sniffing his bum (hes a shy sensitive boy) Then they both just hopped about round each other. He started trying to hump (it was only a matter of time) he got her head :lol: She just lay flat wondering what was going on but very submissive and still no biting or chasing. That was if for Carlisle he's in :love::love: He spent the next half hour following her around even outside in to the scary garden and next to the scary hooman!!!! He was buzzing her the whole time. I've never heard a bunny buzz before. Soo cute. She got a bit sick of the humping but just ran and he was't too forcefull and easily gave up when a moved him off. Both were absolute stars. Not a single sign of agression at all!

So it looks good right????

I've never bonded before so if you have does this seem like it will be a good match? I won't bond completely until he is castrated and healed but thinking about seeing if I can bring if forward for them.

Sounds ace!! Dunno why you didnt leave them...but then, he would bug the hell out of her and you would have to re bond after his op!!
Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

I was in the shed today and stupidly left the door open a little. The shed is Carlisles home. He's not castrated yet (end of this month) Lilly who lies in the house was in the garden and sneaked in the shed. Don't worry she is spayed though. They are due to be bonded after Carlisles castration. Lilly and Carlise we're looking lovingly at each other so I thought I'd let them have a little interaction to get a feel for how the bonding would eventually go.

Carlisle was very friendly and not territorial at all. Lilly was welcome to look around his pad and make herself at home and she did :lol: He was a little sacred of her at first when she was sniffing his bum (hes a shy sensitive boy) Then they both just hopped about round each other. He started trying to hump (it was only a matter of time) he got her head :lol: She just lay flat wondering what was going on but very submissive and still no biting or chasing. That was if for Carlisle he's in :love::love: He spent the next half hour following her around even outside in to the scary garden and next to the scary hooman!!!! He was buzzing her the whole time. I've never heard a bunny buzz before. Soo cute. She got a bit sick of the humping but just ran and he was't too forcefull and easily gave up when a moved him off. Both were absolute stars. Not a single sign of agression at all!

So it looks good right????

I've never bonded before so if you have does this seem like it will be a good match? I won't bond completely until he is castrated and healed but thinking about seeing if I can bring if forward for them.

i'm the same as you, never bonded before, Tinkerbell is spayed and it was about 3 weeks after that that I tried un-neutered Dexter with her, there was some initial humping, but all is well, they're 2 very loved up bunnies now!

I was only on my dinner from work so I could't stay and make sure all went well. She was starting to get fed up with the humping as well and since he kept getting the wrong end i was worried she'd might eventually nip at his boy bits. I am half tempted to bond now though and put them back together after his op.

Sounds like theyre a match made in heaven :love: Personally id wait to bond them properly until after his neuter, just incase he humps her into hating him! That might make it difficult to bond them again as she might be scared of him. Also as you mention theres always the possibility that she'll bite his man bits and could do him some real damage, youchy!

Obv its totally ur call though, if you think they'd be ok and he wont hump her loads then go for it! One things for sure these two are going to be very loved up when you do bond them :D

I think your right about waiting. I don't want her to get sick because he's erm lets say... demanding :lol: (he is only a boy though and can't help it) It was so nice to finally see them together and get a little flash of their possible future. Makes all the waiting worth it :love:

I think your right about waiting. I don't want her to get sick because he's erm lets say... demanding :lol: (he is only a boy though and can't help it) It was so nice to finally see them together and get a little flash of their possible future. Makes all the waiting worth it :love:

Their future is sparkly.....Im delighted for you all!!!!!!

I would agree to waiting after the op and prob a little while after while his hormones/tes settles. Then I would do it in one go and leave them in an enclosed area. Sounds like a great start tho :)

Has anyone ever had such a promising start and it still go wrong though? Or i'm I just being a worrier :?

Ours, two sibling girls, were together until their Hormones started and had to be seperated because of some vicious fighting. From our recent experience (rebonding) as long as you control the situation you should be ok.

Others will be far more experienced but, if he is going to go in for the op, i wouldn't introduce them yet as when you seperate them for his recovery it could cause stress. As as been said, it sounds like a very promising start as they were content in each other's spaces,but (not being negative) I wouldn't take it for granted until you Bond for good.

It is soooooo worth the work though :D:D:D

I'm going to try and get his op brought forward. So they can be together sooner. How long should they be kept apart after his op?

After Mischa's neuter but before Mini's spay (when she was too young) they got on famously and after her spay they still got on famously.

my boys recovered pretty quickly from their ops, maybe keep them apart for say 10 days?

It is soo cute how they're in love!! but I also agree keep them apart till the op, because he may get into too much of a habit of "humping" and keep trying to do it even after the op if the habit of the action is formed.

sounds great though, good luck!!

Back