• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dried nettles

weedug

Mama Doe
I dried some nettles in the oven yesterday for my buns, and although the sting has pretty much gone, the little hairs on them still make my hand tingle a bit. Are they safe to feed to buns as they are, or do they sound as if they need drying some more?

I don't want to hurt their little mouths.

Last edited:
Nettles don't seem to sting buns at all - my buns eat them fresh without any problems! I guess whatever the 'sting' substance is doesn't affect them in the same way it does us hoomins!

Nettles don't seem to sting buns at all - my buns eat them fresh without any problems! I guess whatever the 'sting' substance is doesn't affect them in the same way it does us hoomins!

Our buns eat nettles and brambles with no problem. The dog has a week against huge stinging nettle plants with no problem to his man bits, so animals must have a different reactio to them from us :lol:

Thanks, I'll get the courage to try them with the buns.

My dog always yelps when she is stung, but then she is the world's biggest softie :lol:

Last edited:
Back