• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My babies

Since im a newbie i think its only right i share my babies with you :love:

all the pics are different sizes so apologies in advance for that :oops:

This is Mr Stewie Bunny when i first got him :( he was so thin
P080909_13520002.jpg

And this is him now :D
DSC00993.jpg

And him sleeping on me :love:
DSC00959.jpg

This is Mrs Dora Bunny Explorer (she insists on trying to eat the grass outside the run!)
Photo0252.jpg

Dora being nosey during shed cleaning time :roll: she usually knocks everything on the floor including the stuff i have swept up!! :lol:
Photo0082.jpg

Bunny cuddles!!!
Photo0090.jpg

Enjoying a bit of good weather (try to ignore my bad temporary run cover i need to make a wooden frame to pop the mesh on)
Photo0248.jpg

Stewie trying out his bunnyflap (catflap) :lol:
Photo0249.jpg

Watching me watching him
Photo0246.jpg

Sorry its a bit pic heavy :oops:

The buns live in an 8x6 shed and their run is 6x6 ish
The rabbit run is going to be extended when i have more money to 12x6ish, they are going to love it i cant wait :D

Thanks, im a very proud bunny mummy :love:

Mr Stewie always sits in the run staring at me waiting for me to bring him veg, grass and dandelion leaves etc (he has no front teeth, he had to have them removed when i first rescued from his previous owner - they had him on a poor diet :( so i have to cut his veg and things up quite small or he wont touch it so he waits in that spot everyday at the same time :lol:)

Awwhh! They are both gorgeous :love: They both look really squishy!

Dora looks like a cheeky little bun. :D How do you find Stewie gets on without his front teeth? My Daphne had hers out at the beginning of the year and she won't eat any veggies other than broccoli now. I cut it all up for her but she's turned really fussy. :roll: She also has trouble grooming herself as she's quite fluffy, she looks like a bit of a haystack sometimes! :lol:

Also, just out of curiosity, what vet do you use? I use Riverbank but I'm kind of loosing faith in them. :oops:

Right, anyway, I must shut up and walk down the road to steal your buns! :p:lol:

Awwhh! They are both gorgeous :love: They both look really squishy!

Dora looks like a cheeky little bun. :D How do you find Stewie gets on without his front teeth? My Daphne had hers out at the beginning of the year and she won't eat any veggies other than broccoli now. I cut it all up for her but she's turned really fussy. :roll: She also has trouble grooming herself as she's quite fluffy, she looks like a bit of a haystack sometimes! :lol:

Also, just out of curiosity, what vet do you use? I use Riverbank but I'm kind of loosing faith in them. :oops:

Right, anyway, I must shut up and walk down the road to steal your buns! :p:lol:

Hands off my buns missy!! :no: :lol:

Stewie is very fussy with his veg he only eats carrot and broccoli cut up small and dandelion leaves if they are put under his nose :roll: he loves dry weetabix though nearly as much as he likes it with a drop of water on!
He will only eat hay if it is cut smallish so he can fit it in his mouth but i think it may be because he's a bit lazy! :lol:

I used Riverbank once and i wont go back to them again that vet said he wouldnt neuter or consider removing Stewie's teeth because he'd die from the op :evil: I use Green and Forster in Newport and they were reccommended to me by the lady at the rabbit rescue, they were fantastic!

Hands off my buns missy!! :no: :lol:

Stewie is very fussy with his veg he only eats carrot and broccoli cut up small and dandelion leaves if they are put under his nose :roll: he loves dry weetabix though nearly as much as he likes it with a drop of water on!
He will only eat hay if it is cut smallish so he can fit it in his mouth but i think it may be because he's a bit lazy! :lol:

I used Riverbank once and i wont go back to them again that vet said he wouldnt neuter or consider removing Stewie's teeth because he'd die from the op :evil: I use Green and Forster in Newport and they were reccommended to me by the lady at the rabbit rescue, they were fantastic!

:lol: LOL! At least you know you won't have to look far away if they do get stolen! ;):p Stewie sounds like a bit of a fusspot like my Daphne. Since having her teeth out, she really can't be bothered to eat anything bigger than pellet size. :roll::lol: Although she's rather partial to a bit of kale or spring greens and will suck those to death quite happily!

Riverbank can be a bit funny sometimes. I always try to get Mr Beckingham as he seems to be the best with small animals. I find the other vets there just seem to think everything is myxi. I've lost count of the number of times I've been told my buns need to be PTS for something as small as a scab on the nose. :shock: Normally, now I come to RU for a bit of advice before I go to the vets so I can raise a few intelligent questions and get the vets thinking past myxi!

As you know, I took Cloud to Green and Forster and haven't been overly impressed. :oops: I'm hoping they'll win me round when Cloud goes back for her post-op checks. Riverbank have mucked me around on numerous occasions, just not the very first time I went there. Doesn't really make for good first impressions. :? I think the one in Wooton is next on my vets hit list! God help them! :lol:

Is 'the lady at the rabbit rescue' the lady from Newport? I *think* she's called Cheryl?? Is that were Stewie and Dora came from?

:lol: LOL! At least you know you won't have to look far away if they do get stolen! ;):p Stewie sounds like a bit of a fusspot like my Daphne. Since having her teeth out, she really can't be bothered to eat anything bigger than pellet size. :roll::lol: Although she's rather partial to a bit of kale or spring greens and will suck those to death quite happily!

Riverbank can be a bit funny sometimes. I always try to get Mr Beckingham as he seems to be the best with small animals. I find the other vets there just seem to think everything is myxi. I've lost count of the number of times I've been told my buns need to be PTS for something as small as a scab on the nose. :shock: Normally, now I come to RU for a bit of advice before I go to the vets so I can raise a few intelligent questions and get the vets thinking past myxi!

As you know, I took Cloud to Green and Forster and haven't been overly impressed. :oops: I'm hoping they'll win me round when Cloud goes back for her post-op checks. Riverbank have mucked me around on numerous occasions, just not the very first time I went there. Doesn't really make for good first impressions. :? I think the one in Wooton is next on my vets hit list! God help them! :lol:

Is 'the lady at the rabbit rescue' the lady from Newport? I *think* she's called Cheryl?? Is that were Stewie and Dora came from?

No they didnt come from there i emailed her a while ago for info about a few bits and pieces but my bunnies arent from there, Stewie came from a friend of a friend who wasnt looking after him properly so i took him in as you can see from the first pic he was incredibly skinny!!! i couldnt leave him in those conditions and Dora was an unwanted baby...one of those buns that the kid got bored of! :roll: :censored: for some reason people think of me as a crazy animal lady so when someone knows of an animal that needs a home i get a phone call :lol:

Let me know what the wootton vet is like! i phoned them up but i wasnt too impressed by them back then!

Back