• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best place to buy wire mesh

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
hi, I'm looking to build my bunnies and chickens new runs as we are moving house soon and was wondering where you all buy your mesh.

We got our last lot at b&q but it was so expensive! I'm just a little concerned about the quality with buying online so any reviews would be great.

thanks
Kat :)

i went to b&q, i didnt thnk it was that expensive and we managed to build a 8x4x2.5 ft run for £65 :) that included wood and mesh (which we still have abit left over) and some hinges

i also would like some mesh but for around my garden so my bun can have the whole garden to run around in but in local stores it is only massive farmers mesh

I've just built a picket fence with gate (wickes) for my run and lined it with wire mesh from Wilkinsons. It was £3.99 for 60cm x 150cm. They have different sizes etc on their website. Sorry, can't do links ! The wire tacks came from Homebase or Focus £1.99 for pack of 50.

Last edited:
I got a roll for £20 from Homebase. It was 0.9metres high by about 6metres I think. It did my run anyway :)

If you're concerned about quality when buying online, you can generally go by the wire gauge...19 is the minimum thickness you can use to make it fox-proof, 16 is very thick and good quality (the lower the figure the thicker the mesh)

Yeah realised that after I'd posted ^^

The second one I'd need two I think for the run I want to make. Altogether looks like the wood and mesh will come to just under £40 for a 3ft x 6 ft x 7ft run.

Back