• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wasp Nest

SarahM

Warren Scout
Hi, we have recently moved our rabbits outside. They are in a shed and this morning I noticed that a wasp nest has started to appear, obviously I am worried that the rabbits could get stung. I have only seen 1 wasp go in there.

Does anyone know a way of preventing wasp being attracted to the shed?

Thanks

Sarah

You really need to remove them before they start coming in their hundreds. Years ago my parents had one under the shed and we couldn't go out in the garden at all.

Is it a hole that can be fillled?

Hi id get rid AS SOON AS POSS! as was said above iys best to do it now before they start swarming which would be dangerous for the buns and for you.

Theres no way to stop them other than destroying the nest. I remember my dad setting fire to a wasps nest in my garden once which got rid of it but as yours is on ur shed i wouldnt reccommend it! Maybe get a professional exterminator in. Good luck!

X

At the moment it is very small with a large hole at the bottom, we are going to go to a diy shop tonight and see what we can get, as I have only seen the 1 wasp but the rabbits will be coming back inside.

Nothing can ever be easy!!

We had a queen starting a nest in my rabbit shed at the weekend. Fortunately, she'd only just started it and it was only the size of half a golf ball. My OH waited until she was inside it and then swatted it hard with a rolled up newspaper. Bye bye wasp! We had to act quickly though, before she called all her mates to come and move in :lol:. Obviously my main concern was for the bunnies so I check the sheds every day now.

Wasps keep trying to set up home in my shed: twice so far. I've never seen more than one wasp in the shed though and I just remove the nest as soon as I see it. It's a lovely thing but I really dont want a shed full of wasps!

Back