• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone have two of these runs together?

Gisela who is Bavarian Bunny has two of the larger ones joined together and they are really great. Sturdy.

If you contact her I know she has pictures of it set up with her buns in it

I can't find a good photo at the moment, but here are some videos of the bunnies in the "combined" runs:

Ah, here's a photo from when I first tested it. I didn't overlap then, and I used the metal pins to keep it all together, but that wasn't good enough:

newrun2.jpg

Currently I have the two runs overlap in the middle, and hold them together with cable ties. The lids sit on top of the side panels and their weight keeps them in place. I would not leave them in the run, when I am not at home and keeping an eye on them, though. It's sturdy, but can be pulled apart by a strong fox or dog.

So you did it end to end, making it 14ft x 4ft? do you reckon it could be done side-by-side so its 7ft by 8ft?

At the moment it is about 12 ft by 4 ft, as I let them overlap in the middle. If you wanted to put them side by side, then you'd have to make a lid from some lighter material, the metal in these runs in very heavy, so as Louise said, it would just sink down without a support along the middle.

hmmmmm good point :? what if i put an object in the middle of the joint that could hold the roof up? the pen will be inside so no wind or wild animals!

Do you want to put it up inside your house? Or in a garage or barn type building? The lid is very heavy and I just about manage to put the run together without help. It has some little rounded bits sticking out at the bottom, because it is meant to be on grass, so I don't know how that will affect the stability on concrete or other hard surfaces. Maybe someone else has it on concrete and can tell you.

You could support the lids with something, I guess. If you don't take the run apart too often, then you can add a lot more things to it. I take mine down regularly to move it to a new piece of grass and to mow the lawn.

This looks like one I have so it might be difficult to put 2 side by side because part of of the roof drops down and makes the end . You could use the top to make the extra length or width :? Then you could use something like pea netting for the top:)

Do you want to put it up inside your house? Or in a garage or barn type building? The lid is very heavy and I just about manage to put the run together without help. It has some little rounded bits sticking out at the bottom, because it is meant to be on grass, so I don't know how that will affect the stability on concrete or other hard surfaces. Maybe someone else has it on concrete and can tell you.

You could support the lids with something, I guess. If you don't take the run apart too often, then you can add a lot more things to it. I take mine down regularly to move it to a new piece of grass and to mow the lawn.

Yeah i plan to put it up in the garage, on top of some equine matting and lino. I already have 1 that i use on the grass, but want to give them a bigger pen for when they are in the garage over winter. I've had it on carpet before at my parents house.

Back