• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Older Single Rabbits Searching For Love

All too often pairs of rabbits come into rescue where both, or one, has special needs. These rabbits are so very difficult to rehome, and I do not want to split them up, so they can remain here for a long time.

Two have recently lost their respective partners, so I am hoping their time has arrived and they will find loving 'forever homes' of their own. They are looking for neutered partners as they both miss their friends so much.

I have the option of bonding them together, but with 80 odd rabbits here I would prefer them both to have homes where they can recieve the full attention, love and care they deserve which I feel I just do not have time to give.

First, there is Tiger Tim, aged 6. He has been here since Spring 05;
http:http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/more...me.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID19781[url] Alice

All too often pairs of rabbits come into rescue where both, or one, has special needs. These rabbits are so very difficult to rehome, and I do not want to split them up, so they can remain here for a long time.

Two have recently lost their respective partners, so I am hoping their time has arrived and they will find loving 'forever homes' of their own. They are looking for neutered partners as they both miss their friends so much.

I have the option of bonding them together, but with 80 odd rabbits here I would prefer them both to have homes where they can recieve the full attention, love and care they deserve which I feel I just do not have time to give.

First, there is Tiger Tim, aged 6. He has been here since Spring 05;
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=11622

and Miss Molly, aged 6/7, she has been here since Autumn 08;
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=19781

Alice

better?

Last edited:
Aww I hope they find their forever homes soon. Alice, I enjoy reading your bunny descriptions you put so much love into them. :D

I think Amy (Abbymarysmokey) was looking for an older bunny not so long ago.

Aww I hope they find their forever homes soon. Alice, I enjoy reading your bunny descriptions you put so much love into them. :D

I think Amy (Abbymarysmokey) was looking for an older bunny not so long ago.

Aaah, thank you. I did contact Amy, but she needs an older bunny who acts her age, not a slinky minx in an older suit!

Alice x

yep Amy was looking for an older doe..she needs to be calm
Alice if you pm her Abbysmokeymary username I'm sure she would be interested and the bunny would have a wonderful home with a really knowlegable owner:D

Alice has already contacted me about Miss Molly, and unfortunately she sounds a bit too lively for my old man (Winston is a very old man, and she's only half his age! :shock:)

She sounds lovely, but unfortunately I don't have a suitable partner for her at the moment, and it wouldn't really be fair to leave her as a single until a suitable boy ended up here.

Alice has already contacted me about Miss Molly, and unfortunately she sounds a bit too lively for my old man (Winston is a very old man, and she's only half his age! :shock:)

She sounds lovely, but unfortunately I don't have a suitable partner for her at the moment, and it wouldn't really be fair to leave her as a single until a suitable boy ended up here.

Hi Amy:wave: Some day her prince will come......

Aww thats a shame, I thought of you straight away when Alice mentioned her to me

If it helps, i should be bunnyrunning from Alice's in the next few weeks, so can transport one (or more!) extras to North london or somewhere along the way!

shes lovely......i hope her home works out.....im very tempted..for bertie......since mums bun has been over here hes been so happy.......and sleeping up against her cage...sharing her hay thru the bars and talking and sniffing to her loads.

berties a rew frenchie who is 5....his wifey bif has unbonded from him back in nov..then bertie developed pasturella. then a heart prob was suspected but seems to be ok. hes had a fit...but touch wood not another one.
his breathing is calmin down too.....i think the stress from the pasturella etc was too much. too many vet trips.

i dont want to stress him out or make another bun ill.......mums bun has spent many times over here and been chatting thru bars with bertie before but not like this.

i hope hes just keeping her company..but if hes not....i will have to think about a lady for him. bifs bossy and nippy with him..hed like a nice gentle lady..age immaterial he says...:love:

this little lady seems to be right up his alley too.

no debbie...no no no...no more bunnies...bertie might get too stressed..bonding will be doubly stressful...but then again.......:love:

Miss Mollie has gone to a fab home! I am over the moon for her. Her new owner may post on the site sometime (she is a member), so you may all see her again! I am not saying anything, but....she is in Wales! Thank goodness for Wales! I home quite a few animals to such wonderful homes there.

Someone enquired about Tiger Tim. I am not happy to rehome a bunny unless the owner knows the worst. My vet is unable to be conclusive. It is not his heart, as I thought :oops:, but, there is definately something not 100%. She cannot say exactly what is wrong without expensive x rays, scans and more tests.

The possibility is that it is pasturella. Petal never caught it and she was with him for 5 years, but I know this does not prove anything.

The enquirer (quite sensibly) does not want to put her older doe at risk, and her boarder will not take him if it is pasturella.

So, Tiger Tim is in limbo waiting for his lady love. Can anyone help?

Alice

Back