• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any ideas on a big mat for the run???

susieb1

Mama Doe
Hi
I'm looking to buy a big grassy mat for the bunnies run. Looking for about a 2 x 3 ft or similar one. Anyone any ideas where I can get one or anyone used anything similar like coir or seagrass- are these ok for bunnies??
Didn't really want to buy lots of smaller mats and fix them together.

Thanks for that. Do they find the lino slippy?:wave:

Only the expensive stuff! Our mistake :roll: Bought 'oak effect' lino for our hutch... big mistake! The cheap tacky stuff is much better to stop paws slipping :D
(By tacky I mean 'sticky' not in bad taste! :lol:)

Carpet is ok if good quality stuff, nylon carpet might cause too much friction and risk of sore hocks, plus you can't really disinfect carpet and wipe clean as you can lino.
Hayexperts does some large grass mats but they are out of stock - really only 1x2ft though. We did really well with rubber car mats until someone decided to shred one - not risked it since - fortunately they didn't eat any of it but it could have been nasty.

Yes, we use the cheap lino - we go to the local carpet store and pick up the offcuts, and if its too slippy on the proper side we turn it upside down as the underneath is often quite rubbery and non slip.

We also have a wooden floor that covers half of the floor space that we use when the grass is wet (not that we spoil our bunnies!)

Oh *lol* I find the with some sort of texture on it better but that's normally more expensive!

Is it for inside or out? You could get a big tray(s) like for going under grow bags etc. and pop some turf in it - that would give you a grassy mat :)

Hey!:D
You could also buy a vetbed and pop that over the lino to give them the option of a softer area - very easy to clean & they definatly wont be slipping on that! You can machine wash it!:D

Like the idea of a long tray /plastic tray with soil in for grass & abit of digging - theyd love that!:lol:

Back