• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Afternoon...

Gertie

Mama Doe
Hi! :wave:

I'm "Gertie", named after my 2 year old rescued bunny. She wasn't called Gertie when we rescued her, but my other half re-named her.
Anyway, I'm 34 and proud mum to two buns, who we have recently bonded to live together. We got Gertie after losing Bonnie, due to hereditory issues with her teeth, which went on to affect her eyes. She was a lovely girl and in her short 18 months of life endured many trips, operations and stays at the vets due to her health issues, but after another ten day stay we had to let her go. We both were devastated and stayed while she was put to sleep.
Her brother adored her, but sadly, he also has the same issues (like I said, hereditory) and we almost lost him over Christmas after yet another necessary dental. We managed to syringe feed him and bring him back, but it took weeks and he too has had many trips to the vets. His X-Rays show he will probably get worse, but currently he's only being treated for his persistant eye infection. He's fat and healthy otherwise. :) I know of one other sufferer from this litter who has been rehomed to a vet nurse at our local practice. We've seen him at the same time as visiting Bonnie.
Robert has finally accepted Gertie as his wife, and they shared the same cage all night for the first time last night! :D
Long intro there, I apologise! :oops:

Wow Gertie you've had alot going on and alot of hard work.Well done for sticking with it. I hope Robert and Gertie will be very happy together and should you need any support or advice please let us know.:wave:
Welcome to RU.:D

Back