• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit scared after spay

weedug

Mama Doe
Faith was spayed 2 weeks ago, and has been terrified of everything since. She has limited sight and was fairly nervous before the op and was prone to biting, but now she panics over anything and everything. It has set me right back in trying to gain her trust and calm her, although she did give me a cuddle for the first time today :love:.

I usually sit on the floor if she is in the house and let her approach me, and try to give her a nose rub. Sometimes she loves it! I don't hold her so she can run off when she wants.

Anyone any tips on how to calm her, bearing in mind that she only occassionally lets me stroke her, although she really enjoys it at times. When she is out her cage she tends to develop really loose poos too (stress?), although they are fine when she is in her cage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back