• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clover's Request

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
This was written by Clover, who often gets called 'she', and it really drives him mad!

A Mixed Up Bunny

Please don’t call me ‘she’.
I’m an absolute, definite ‘he’!
Yes, I’m pretty, it can’t be denied;
But a bunny boy must have his pride.
I’m a lad, with a girl bunny’s name;
It’s an absolute crying shame!

When I was quite young,
I was named a bit soon,
For they thought that I was a wee girl.
So they called me Sweet Clover;
But soon they could see
That I wasn’t a girl,
But a big strapping ‘he’,
Being called a girl makes my toes curl!

The name now has stuck, and I’m ‘Clover’, or ‘Clo’
And occasionally ‘Sweet Clover-Belle’.
I am cuddly and soft, with small ears and big eyes,
But I still say it’s easy to tell;
Yes, I’m really a boy, take a look underneath;
There’s the proof....what? There’s nothing to see?
Ah, yes, well, I did have ‘The Op’
But I’m still undeniably ‘me’.

‘Me’ is a healthy young male,
I’m an absolute, definite ‘he’.
I am trying so hard to be a tough guy,
So please don’t call me ‘she’.

bunniesmarch2010031.jpg

Strawberry says he has the same problem! Just because he is a pretty boy and has a pretty name doesn't make him any less manly!!!

Ace poem, and a lovely pic of Clover doing his best to appear an indignant bunny :)

Same happened with Bo - we thought he was a she but he was definatley a 'he' when he came of age and tried to 'be friends' with Barnaby. However, by that stage we were used to calling Bo 'she' so we still do - even the evt's used to it now, ha ha

Tammy x

I don't care if you're a he or a she Clover, you are just scrumptious!
Would you like to com and live with Aunty Helen for a while? We have very juicy dandelions here.:love:

I don't care if you're a he or a she Clover, you are just scrumptious!
Would you like to com and live with Aunty Helen for a while? We have very juicy dandelions here.:love:

She - oops, sorry! - 'he' would eat you out of house and home! I put a small pot of basil out for the boys to share once - the others sniffed it and then ignored it, and clover sat and ate the lot!:lol:

Back