• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed runs

delly

Warren Scout
So after buying a shed in January it has finally been built! And I'm so pleased with it. Now I just have to convert the inside. I need to persuade my dad to let me attach a run onto the back too. It's an 8x6 shed and it's already taken up alot of our potential garden seating area so fingers crossed he will let me have some more room for a run! Maybe if I just by the run without mentioning and I somehow attach it he will have to be ok with it!! :lol:

Anyway would just be great if people could give me some ideas on where they got their runs from, ideally looking for 6x2 but then they have a metal run for on the grass for supervised exercise. I have seen some foldable ones on eBay but unsure if they are safe to permanently fix to a shed incase they are easy for foxes to break. Pictures would be great too :) is it best to just attach the run with screws through the wood or by using brackets?

Thank you :)

Anybody??? Edit : 6x4 run! Not 6x2 oh dear!!! Just links to sites with good runs on would be great or sites that they can be custom made as i'd like recommendations so I know they are good! I can't seem to find what I like on eBay. Nearly got a folding one but don't think it would be strong/safe for permanently fixed onto a shed.

Some RSPCA centres sell 6x4 runs. Could you get a local builder to build it- that way you could have it designed to fit on to the shed.

I got a 6ft x 4ft run off ebay which arrived today for 39.99 not sure if you could attatch it to a shed but the man I got it off will make runs to order.

The run does not look brilliant in the pics he has on ebay but when I got it I was very pleased with it, it is really well made and he has really good feedback.

His Ebay name is tubbzuk.

Some RSPCA centres sell 6x4 runs. Could you get a local builder to build it- that way you could have it designed to fit on to the shed.

I work for an RSPCA centre, it's a branch though so unfortunately we don't sell runs at ours. I'll have to find out if they can order anything in though! Good idea :)

I got a 6ft x 4ft run off ebay which arrived today for 39.99 not sure if you could attatch it to a shed but the man I got it off will make runs to order.

The run does not look brilliant in the pics he has on ebay but when I got it I was very pleased with it, it is really well made and he has really good feedback.

His Ebay name is tubbzuk.

thanks I shall have a look now!

Why not try building one of your own, you can make it fit to what ever shape space you have to spare and its much much cheaper than buying one. also, you could utilese the space that the shed takes up by building upwards in there. We have 2 tiers i ours with 3 tiers in some areas, every foot of space is used by the buns so it really is worth it, they ove jumping and hopping onto things

Good luck with it

This is a picture of mine. The run is one I got from ebay but is not that strong. It is 6x4x2 and I had to repair it very soon after buying it, the wire is good! I am hoping to replace it soon with a full height one as it's a pain to clean! Only problem is the shed has a pent roof so either need to make it myself or have one made to fit.

IMG_1152.jpg

PS Sorry about size, still not sure how to change that!:oops:

For my run I got some cheap dog crates and tookthem apart, then fixed them together how I wanted them with cable ties. It tookabout an hour and was so easy and cheap. My run is about 8x4, the buns love it and its really strong.

Why not try building one of your own, you can make it fit to what ever shape space you have to spare and its much much cheaper than buying one. also, you could utilese the space that the shed takes up by building upwards in there. We have 2 tiers i ours with 3 tiers in some areas, every foot of space is used by the buns so it really is worth it, they ove jumping and hopping onto things

Good luck with it

What's the safest wood to use for a run?

Back