• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding a group of 6

Squizz

Alpha Buck
We have one pair (male & female) and a group of four ( 2 male & 2 female) all in ou back garden. We'd like them all in one group as then they all be free range all day rather than doing it in shifts.

We plan to take them to a neutral place (the in-laws) to try the bond. I am expecting some fireworks....but my question is, when bonding groups of this size how long would you give it if they're chasing etc before giving up?

sorry no advice but good luck and i think your VERY brave. :lol:
i am thinking about getting 2 more boys for my girls but i daren't! :roll: :lol:

We have one pair (male & female) and a group of four ( 2 male & 2 female) all in ou back garden. We'd like them all in one group as then they all be free range all day rather than doing it in shifts.

We plan to take them to a neutral place (the in-laws) to try the bond. I am expecting some fireworks....but my question is, when bonding groups of this size how long would you give it if they're chasing etc before giving up?

We did exactly the same (with our male/female pair and our 2 male/2 female foursome)

In terms of how long to give them, it really depends. Our group of 6 have been together about 3 months now and it took about 4-6 weeks before I was completely comfortable with the bond.

They were confined for about 2 weeks (we did gradually increase the space in this time)

It's hard to explain, but you get a sort of 'feeling' when something is going well or not.

My tips would be:

- Make sure it is COMPLETELY neutral territory (have you thought of getting someone to do the bond for you? Kris at Starlights might be up for it if you gave her a donation)
- Make sure you have a good few days free in order to supervise them and be prepared for sleepless nights!
- Chasing, humping, thumping, fur pulling are all normal behaviour.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know more. I am more than happy to help :D

We did exactly the same (with our male/female pair and our 2 male/2 female foursome)

In terms of how long to give them, it really depends. Our group of 6 have been together about 3 months now and it took about 4-6 weeks before I was completely comfortable with the bond.

They were confined for about 2 weeks (we did gradually increase the space in this time)

It's hard to explain, but you get a sort of 'feeling' when something is going well or not.

My tips would be:

- Make sure it is COMPLETELY neutral territory (have you thought of getting someone to do the bond for you? Kris at Starlights might be up for it if you gave her a donation)
- Make sure you have a good few days free in order to supervise them and be prepared for sleepless nights!
- Chasing, humping, thumping, fur pulling are all normal behaviour.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know more. I am more than happy to help :D

thanks, I've PM'd you x

Back