• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few questions.

milly100

Alpha Buck
Hi,

I have 3 indoor bunnies and they live in my spare room. They are a bonded pair and a single. The problem is they have become so noisey in a morning. 5:00 am and they are scratching and digging as they want to be fed.
The problem is that my oh works shifts and sometimes doesn't go to bed till 3:00 am so is not very happy with the buns at the moment.
I need to come up with a plan quick!!
My first thought was to get the buns a shed and move them outside. My oh is worried that they will attract mice as we have alot of mice around. Does anyone else have problems with mice with outdoor buns??
My other thought was to get a window put in our large wooden garage and section off a part of that for the buns, it is just used for storage at the mo.
Any input would be great.

Buns think digging is really a great fun activity and unfortunatly it is a natural behaviour for them.
The only think I would suggest is maybe they are bored, ensure they have LOADS to do in their room, lots of toys, some diggy boxes, unlimited hay and water, tunnels and lots of things they can get in to and play with that way they should be able to entertain themselves till you wake up and feed them.
I am unable to advise on anything to do with outdoor buns as I have not had one for about 15 years and things were very different then than they are now with all the new understanding about buns. Our little binglebum is an indoor monkey.
We brought him a hay bungalow which is EXCELLENT as it acts as a diggy box and you do not have to worry about them eating it as it is made of timothy hay! https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Tun...ge.440.html?osCsid=q3rf62kee9t3b4peqmr2us14e0

When I had my bridge bun Smudge she lived in part of our summerhouse that was sectioned off and had free range of the garden. The only time we had a problem with mice was when we used to keep her food in a bin with a swing lid in the summerhouse with her and found a mouse in it! After that we made sure it was in a sealed container and didn't see any evidence of mice after that. The hay etc didn't seem to attract them, just the pellets and as she only had a few in her bowl which she polished of pretty quickly it didn't cause a problem. By the way we live in the country and do have mice about but having an outside bun didn't seem to attract them.

Back