• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm hopefully bonding an existing pair with a new bun tomorrow.

I was going to put them in a pen and put towels down and that's it. Now I wondered whether to do it in my study or in my bathroom. But the thing is if I did it in the bathroom I would be really uncomfy and with my back being as it is I just thought it would be best to be more comfy.

If all goes OK, would it be advisable to put all 3 back in the room where the 2 currently live the same day, or should I have them in the pen for a couple of days?

I was worried about wee on my carpet, but thought if I put down an old shower curtian & plenty of towels it should be OK.

Also I don't put litter trays in do I?

Ooooh, who are you bonding? :D:D:D:D

My trio didn't work *sob* but I think it's better to leave them in a small area for at least a week, especially with more than 2 buns as it takes them longer to sort their differences.

I didn't have litter trays, just a pile of hay..... which started in one corner and ended up spread around the whole crate. :roll: :lol::lol:

Wishing you lots of luck. :D:D

Yeah definitely keep them in the same space you have bonded them for a couple of days, with a trio maybe a week to be on the safe side..can you get a plastic mat to put down to save your carpet? I wouldn't use letter trays, just a pile of hay!

I think I might have to put them in my bathroom then (in the ensuite) That way any wee can be mopped up later.

All will be revealed tomorrow! :lol:

Back