• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Story supporting Georgie_f

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
It's more than tough going changing attitudes, especially when it comes to getting bunnies their basic needs. This is to support http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=3636304#post3636304
Sometimes things just happen at our house.
I needed some heavy work doing round the house, & the builder came with his 2 daughters. They were very well behaved children, & good about my rules of not chasing Thumps - letting him come up to them & hop away as he wished. Thumper was being his sociable self, free ranging the house & later in the garden when we all went out to look at what needed to be done.

The girls had 2 rabbits & couldn't get over how tame Thumps is, & how he came in as soon as he was called. Their Dad decided that their 2 buns couldn't free range in the garden but he'd make them a really big run.

I met the Dad a few months later. He couldn't believe the change in the rabbits temperaments for the better since they'd had more space.They were far easier to handle & showing their personalities more.

I wonder how many others have similar stories?

Thank you for the support Judy! :wave: It's very much apreciated!

I'd like to think that my free-ads advert will make a few people think twice about what's required of a bunny owner. Even if only one person takes notice, it'll be worth it! Hopefully a few more RU members will think it's a good idea too and will post similar adverts on their own local classifieds pages. :)

I think there are so many people, just like your builder, that are just unaware of basic bunny needs and a little bit of information can make all the difference.

It just seems that distributing the information in a format that will be read and taken on board is a little difficult! :roll::lol:

This may help you, it's a long thread but does have some good ideas on it.
Unfortunately none of the links work any more.:(

Good luck in what your doing.:)

Back