• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some questions for those who have playhouses

Mr Cookie Bun

Mama Doe
:wave: We're moving in 3 weeks time and in the gargen is a huge playhouse. Once the weather warms up a bit, we'll be moving Cookie back outside and getting him a girlfriend so I have some questions :D

1/ I've noticed lots of you remove the windows and replace them with mesh for ventilation. What about in winter or when there's bad weather - does this not make the playhouse too cold? Or do you keep the plastic stuff from the window and make a kind of slot round the window so you can put it back in?

2/ Is it better to cut the door in half (like a stable door) and attach the run at the door or to have it attached at the side?

3/ How do you attach the run to the playhouse?

4/What wood preserver is best to use that is safe for buns?

My plyahouse has three windows, all of them have been left with clear acrylic in them - however I did make fleece linings for them that attach inside for the winter. We left the door intact, but (this is kind of hard to explain) inside that door frame we made a second door (in two sections, like a stable door) with a wooden frame and large guage plastic coated wire panels inside it. So, either you can have the door and inside frame open straight onto the run - or you can have the wire door closed and basically have the ventilation of the open door, or if cold have the door shut. Actually, I think it might be easier to take a picture and get back to you.....

Back