• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bandita's Bunnies... very cute!

KTJ

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone :)

For all of you that don't know the story, I re-homed 2 male rabbits last summer... 9 months later they started humping, so I spoke to my vet and he said it was a "dominance thing" and not to worry. A week later, Smokey and Bandit starting nesting... so I took them to the vets to be sexed and Bandit was a female with a firm tummy. They were separated, and a week later 4 bunnies arrived, and despite being a pro-rescue forum, I know you'd all appreciate some cute pics of them :D There are 4 bunnies in total, and I think Ive decided on Nutella, Scamp, Crumble and Furby for names!

Ps. The dad, Smokey, is still a part from Bandit and is being de-plummed in 3 weeks, poor baby!!

These photos were taken yesterday on the first day of handling them (they are 3 week old)

DSCF4386.jpg

23823_353744746982_551016982_466445.jpg

DSCF4404.jpg

More photos can be taken and uploaded if required :D :love:

OMG cuteness overload. What breed are they. I lovde the little one up your sleeve :love:

The Mum and Dad are both silver foxes... but it's quite odd as one of the babies is dark grey all over with no markings or different colours in him/her! I had them weighed today to make sure they are all growing properly and being fed equally etc... Nutella (the smallest one) is 1.6 grams, and the largest one, Furby, is 2.5 grams! I think I'll need to keep my eye on the little one, but it started eating curly kale today, so hopefully it will start to eat for itself soon and put a bit more weight on! :D

(New pics being added soon!!)

Sooooooo cute, congrats on your gorgeous little bundles :love:
Just be careful about feeding them greens at such a young age as it can so easily upset their fragile digestive tracts. I'd leave giving them greens until theyre 4 or 5 months old.
Good luck with your little runt, my bunny Timmy was the runt of his litter and he's such a character!
x

Sorry for the late reply everyone... I lost the lead for the camera to upload the pics onto the laptop.... but here is another load of photos of Bandita's bunnies. (I thought I'd add some pretty little ornaments for the background, but looking now, the buns are that beautiful, the pics didnt really need any enhancement!) :love:

DSCF4481.jpg

DSCF4498.jpg

DSCF4500.jpg

DSCF4515.jpg

:love: they are lovely, are you keeping them all as a little family? I hope you will homecheck where they are going first and make sure they will be well looked after, you owe it to them really:love:

Well my best friend and her family who lives about 10 doors down the road from me has offered a good home to one, possibly two, and I know they would look after the buns so so well... but me and my Mum are already attached to them, and we love them just as much as we do the other 3 rabbits and would find it too hard to give 2 of them away.... so we sat down and had a talk about it, and we will be keeping them all :D I'm having them sexed soon, and obviously they will be separated before they are 8 weeks old, and the males will be neutered, but then I hope to put all 4 back together and in the next month I plan on buying a massive shed and turning it into a rabbit palace! The Daddy rabbit is still apart from Mummy rabbit until after his little operation in 3 weeks time... Theres sooo much to do, but if I can offer them good homes, everything they'll want and everything they'll need for the rest of their lives, why would I need to rehome them?! :D

Sooooooo cute, congrats on your gorgeous little bundles :love:
Just be careful about feeding them greens at such a young age as it can so easily upset their fragile digestive tracts. I'd leave giving them greens until theyre 4 or 5 months old.
Good luck with your little runt, my bunny Timmy was the runt of his litter and he's such a character!
x

Usually, if mum is used to eating greens etc, the babies are okay to have them as well.

Back