• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thread Worms in rabbits

Hi

I have a four year old English cross, he has always been a bit of a funny eater and is weight usually lowers slighty at thes time of the year so I increase his food and give him more treats. However this week he has been quite grumpy (this is very unusal for him) and not even really want to eat his favourites. Whilst out in the garden today i noticed there were worms in his stools (little what look like thread worms) i have treated him with a regular wormer for cats and other small animals and am going to get some panacur from the vet. I didnt know rabbits could get "thread worms" is this what they are? and can you reccommend any other treatment?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, bunnies can and do suffer from pin worms and I'd say Panacur is the best wormer for them. You can buy panacur paste in a syringe specifically for bunnies and it's easy to administer - Pets at Home sell it as well as your local vets or on-line. There is also another rabbit wormer called Lapizole but I personally prefer Panacur.

Back