• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel Junior/Dwarf v Excel Adult Pellets?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
Dylan is a Dwarf Lop & turns one year old this week.
Since he was a baby his pellets have been Excel Junior/Dwarf which he loves & has grown well with. The thing is now he is this age am I meant to be swapping him over to the Excel Adult pellets or keeping him on the Junior/Dwarf mix as he is a Dwarf Lop?
What benefits does the Adult pellet have over the Junior/Dwarf ones? Can someone advise me please as he has thrived on the Junior/Dwarf pellets so I'm reluctant to change if there is going to be no added benefits for him.

Junior food is much higher in calories.
Can you manage to get science selective??
Apparently,according to lots of the lasses on here,you dont get an excess of the little caecotrophs either like one does with Excel...see what other replies you get!!xxx:wave:

I use the burgess light same make also because my buns needed to be on a diet, but prior to that I used both types junior/dwarf/adult and they have had no probs with mucky bum etc...but each bun is different therefore may respond differntley, and the right amount of pellets will help, personally I don't think there is no drastic change in them as they're the same make just less calories ....I think!:D

I still feed Bobby on Junior excel, as she is half frenchie she will be still growing, untill about 18 months, she is six months now. I have heard that Dwarfs have the junior brand because their metbolism is higher:?.... Thats just what I heard and I am by no means an expert:D

This is re the junior dwarf from Burgess website
A delicious, complementary food for baby rabbits which is also perfect for dwarf rabbits, because of its high nutrient levels and the animals’ high metabolism. It’s high in protein and fibre and rich in nutrients for strong, happy, healthy rabbits.

Naturally high in Beneficial Fibre (36%)

Prevents selective feeding

Contains a prebiotic and a probiotic to develop young digestive systems

With essential amino acids for growing rabbits

Higher protein for muscle development

Fortified with vitamins and minerals for healthy eyes, skin and coat

Dwarf breed rabbits benefit from higher nutrient levels as they have a higher metabolism

Natural antioxidants to support the immune system

100% natural, wholesome ingredients

and adult......

A delicious, complementary food for adult rabbits that is high in fibre and rich in nutrients. With two varieties to choose from, Original and NEW Excel Tasty Nuggets with Oregano, your rabbits can enjoy a change of diet.

Naturally high in Beneficial Fibre (39%)

Prevents selective feeding

Contains a natural prebiotic for digestive health

Fortified with vitamins and minerals for healthy eyes, skin and coat

With herbs for extra tastiness

Natural antioxidants to support the immune system

100% natural, wholesome ingredients

Added oregano to alleviate stress and aid digestion*

Hope that helps any :D

i use Junior excel for most of my rabbits as higher calerioes
my vets had said to use it for my nine year old rabbits
i only use pellets anyway as my rabbits are ailergic to the mixed stuff

I do use the excel junior for a bun that struggles with his weight. Personally I would change to adult pellets as they are higher in calories.

A dwarf lop is only dwarf in name not size. Adult pellets are better as they are higher fibre/lower protein :)

there is no real for any bun, except for possibly the very youngest or giants if they are having difficulty growing at the appropriate weight on adult food. I woud gradually swap him over to an adult pellet, taking about 1-2 weeks & gradually upping the proportions each day of the new food. Excel light or science selective are probably the best ones to go for.

Thanks everyone for your replies - I'll do a gradual changeover to an adult pellet then. May try him going over to SS as my last bun was on those pellets & I know they are quite highly regarded although a bit more difficult to get hold of - where do most of you buy your SS pellets from?

ive always fed the junior/dwarf with rosie and mowgli, event hough mowgli was a dwarf lop, but often wondered if i should of moved them onto adult one, i stil don't know and now ive got locks, i don't know what to do either stay on junior/dwarf or switch? what do others think?

Back