• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please help me...

brutalbaby

Warren Scout
just by looking at the pic of my bunny can you tell if its a boy or girl please :)

288nz4l.jpg

13zsi2f.jpg

2zr4b5s.jpg

lol yeh i kinda guessed that but my bunn wont let me look its hard enough trying t pick her up... well i think its a her haha.

lol yeh i kinda guessed that but my bunn wont let me look its hard enough trying t pick her up... well i think its a her haha.

well thats the only way you'll find out if its a he or a she :lol:
unless you get 'it' checked out at the vets and they should be able to tell you :wave:

goodluck

Afraid not :) How old is he/she?

It's a good idea to get a new bunny checked over by a vet, they can make sure it's healthy and discuss things like neutering and vaccinations with you...and at the same time flip it over for a quick look at its whatnots to see if it's a girl or a boy. ;)

I thought we'd already gone through this...I had de-ja-vu!

Can only sex him/her by going to the vet. Either way he/she should be neutered, and will need to be vaccinated against myxi and VHD.

i know him getting hi vaccinated :) just i want to know if he or she is a boy or girl coz we are possibly getting him a friend 2mo :)

i know im getting hi vaccinated :) just i want to know if he or she is a boy or girl coz we are possibly getting him a friend 2mo :)

Don't get him/her a friend until he/she's been neutered. He/she will be getting hormonal now, and would attack any other bun that comes into his/her space. Then you need to wait 6 weeks after the op (males can be fertile this long after the op) and it gives the hormones time to settle. Otherwise I fear you'll end up with an injured bun. Until he/she's been vaccinated it's not a good idea to introduce any other buns.

He or she needs to be NEUTERED before you get any more bunnies, I'm sure you don't want any accidental litters. And besides, you can't really bond bunnies unlss both of them are neutered

you definitely need to wait before getting another! then when he/she has been neutered/spayed, and recovered, then think about introducing another bunny. :)

I would personally wait until he/she is well settled before getting a friend. Bonding bunnies can be quite tricky, and a lot has to be done first. Both bunnies should be fully vaccinated, wormed and neutered for at least 6 weeks or so before they are put together.

It can be easier to bond a male with a female, so you would need to know for definite before looking for a friend.

Some bunnies simply never get on no matter how much you try. Therefore it's better to look at adopting a rabbit from a rescue. The rescue will then offer to bond the bunnies for you, or, failing that, they will usually agree to take the bunny back if it doesn't work out to allow for you to try another bun.

If you get a bun too soon, especially before they're neutered, there is a large risk that they'll fall out even without being put in the same cage. Once this fallout is learned, they still wont get on even after they're neutered.

It's a lot to think about and to take on, I wouldn't rush in to anything. :D

nah, it's a girl for sure!!! :lol:

Thats funny Lyn, i really think it looks like a boy from the pics ;) ;)

Please dont get your bunny a friend until you know his/her sex. Sadly, we cant tell just by looking at a photo, you need to look at the bunnies bits to know! If you get another bunny tomorrow, and its the opposite sex, god help you :? You'll have hundreds of rabbits before you know it. Please get your bunny to a vet! Generally the vet nurse will sex them for free or a very small charge :) xXx

nah, it's a girl for sure!!! :lol:

maybe she's a hermaphrodite bun....:lol:(following on from the thread a few days ago.)

It won't take much for the vet to sex him/her, and is really simple, so you can book her/him in for next week. Then you'll know! :)

Thats funny Lyn, i really think it looks like a boy from the pics ;) ;)

Please dont get your bunny a friend until you know his/her sex. Sadly, we cant tell just by looking at a photo, you need to look at the bunnies bits to know! If you get another bunny tomorrow, and its the opposite sex, god help you :? You'll have hundreds of rabbits before you know it. Please get your bunny to a vet! Generally the vet nurse will sex them for free or a very small charge :) xXx

They'll do it for free if she/he has her/his jabs at the same time! :D

Back