• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many herbs and what sort?

scatter

Alpha Buck
I was just wondering what sort of fresh herbs people feed to their buns and how much isn't too much?

Thanks.

i feed whatever is in season, so there isnt a lot of fresh herbs around for me right now, but once my mums garden is back on form, i give rosemary thyme lavender 3 differant types of mints willow sage basil corriander watercress chickory,apart from chives

Mint, corriander, parsley - curly and straight, basil, occasionally lavender (although lavender should not be given to lactating does!? - one of my useless bits of knowledge!)

Travis has a small amount of herbs with his veg each night.

He also regularly has dried herbs - packeted - these often have a vast array of herbs and other plants in them :D

Bella and Oscar have a mixture of 2/3 with some spring greens, basil, corriander, mint, dill, rosemary, tarregon, thyme but not chives I believe is toxic to buns as it's part of the onion family so a no no same with leeks :

i didn't know you could give herbs to rabbits

Ooo yes, try some parsley and see your bun go crazy :)

I give parsley, basil (sweet and regular) and coriander. I try and buy the little pots from the cheapy Tesco section, so that they are still planted, the buns then throw the soil around and play with the plant pot.

Too much is bad because of calcium (I think) apparently.

ok i will try some parsely i have been keeping rabbits most of my live i am 24 years old and i didn't even know you could even give them herbs but i am still learning more about rabbits now than i was in college doing animal care

Last edited:
Back