• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girl Bunnies behaving badly!!!!!!!

LauraM

New Kit
Hi All,

Desperately need some understanding!!! I have two girl bunnies (one Lop earred - Belle and Loinhead Lop - Honey) I got them spayed last week, to try to calm them down as Belle kept attacking Honey. However when I went to pick them up after the spaying the vet told me she had kept them in together so I should do that also. Doing as I was told has had seriously bad side effects. Belle is even worse now!! I recorded them on video as when I am in the room they are fine but as soon as I leave all I can hear is thumping and the occasional squeal! When I played back the recording I found that Belle was chasing Honey around the cage and then flipping Honey on to her back and scratching at her tummy.

Honey will now not go near Belle and the two used to be quite good together alothough they fought there was nothing like I have seen recently.

Has anyone else had this problem and will they ever be able to get back into the same cage?????

Oh poor you. I think if they were mine, I'd separate them into adjacent cages so that they could see and smell each other - at least until they're healed from their operation.

Then, once the hormones have died down, I would attempt to re-bond them on neuteral territory.

I hope someone else can offer suitable advise.

It takes a while for hormones to settle down. Is your bedroom neuteral territory? The vets would of been and also they were probably a little groggy post op which would explain why your vet had them together ok. I too would seperate and give them chance to recover from their ops before they undergo any more stress.

Thank you!

:D.

I went last night and bought two smaller cages with little bed platforms for them to sleep on. So last night they were slepping next to one another but no fighting!!!:love:

Back