• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm building Domino a cube condo!!

mangobiscuit

Young Bun
Right....my cube things have turned up and I'm attempting to construct Dom's apartment. My OH and I have already had a row over it as he can be so bloody pig headed sometimes :cry: :shock:

Anyway - back to the excitment:D - I saw someone's rabbit cube house (on here) and really like it. It was 3 X 2 squares with 3levels......my OH has built it 3 x 3 square though!

I just wanted to find out from people whether you used ramps or just half levels for them to jump onto as steps?

Also, any other tips/advice in hindsight from experienced Bunny Apartment Developers;)

I will post pics and updates if we ever get it up and sorted. OH is going to put ply and carpet and lino in at weekend so Dom will have to wait til then to "move in".

Thanks guys!

:wave:

Hello again! :wave:

Lol I've just been having a nosey at some old threads on these kind of set-ups....

(( This Thread )) has some pics and ideas in that might help you plus I think it has some links to other threads. :)

Ramp or half shelf would probably depend on how active your rabbit is - I would think a half shelf would take up less room and be neater though.

Oh and don't worry about the O/H - there are some comments in the thread I just linked to about the same kind of thing! :lol:

I got stroppy with my beloved the other day when he mixed up two different flat-packed cupboards and built most of one of them all by myself 'cos anger and annoyance are great motivators! ;) x 'Twas all ok in the end though.

Hello!!!:wave:

Thanks so much......I have a feeling this is going to be more complicated than first thought! I want it to be perfect but maybe it's a trial and error exercise???

I was just assuming that we would need to do ramps but after googling, I've now noticed the half step level things for them to hop onto which, like youi said, may be more space saving.....

Can't wait to furnish it this weekend :p

I will make sure I take lots of pics to show it off - I think we may even get him an "Apartment Name sign" too:p

PS - OH and I are sitting in silence.....he's the sort of person that builds things without any thought or planning or glancing at instructions ( of course he knows better:lol:) and it send me up the wall!!!! This sort of behaviour normally results in things being erected in a haphazard way - BUT NOT FOR MY BUN!!!:lol:

PS - OH and I are sitting in silence.....he's the sort of person that builds things without any thought or planning or glancing at instructions ( of course he knows better:lol:) and it send me up the wall!!!! This sort of behaviour normally results in things being erected in a haphazard way - BUT NOT FOR MY BUN!!!:lol:

That's typical bloke behaviour isn't it?! I've got one of those too...... :lol:

Is it possible to rehome OH and get another rabbit in exchange - do you think they'd go for that???:lol:;)

Hmmmmm...... there's a thought......... ;)

At least he's taking an interest in your bunny project. When I built my guinea pig cage I got really frustrated and he came home when I was at my most-frustrated-point and then proceeded to give me lots of 'helpful suggestions' when I'd been building the thing for hours already, LOL! The suggestions weren't really appreciated! Most annoying thing was that his suggestion worked! (my problem was that it wouldn't fit where I originally wanted it to be!) I still finished actually building it by myself though and sent him away to have his bath! :lol:

Lol - they're fairly handy for some things..... but I'm in a fairly irritable mood today so probably a recipe for disaster!

Saying that, I'm watching Spooks and my daughter and OH are fixing thousands of cable ties everywhere:D

OH is a blacksmith....I asked if he could make a wrought iron gate with fancy finishings for Dom's doorway ;) You can imagine what answer I got:lol:

Domino is lying on his side stretched out watching everyone fussing around with a quizzical look:love:

Thanks again for all your help - really excited about kitting it out and will be taking lots of pics:D

Sounds great! I'll swap OH's with you and yours can build me a shiny cage too :lol:
Not to be the voice of doom and gloom, but ramps are a better idea if ever your bunny gets ill. I only mention it because I have had various sick bunnies and one of my first hutches had a design with the step - when Smokey was ill she had to be carried upstairs at night. Of course, I hope your bunny never gets sick so you don't have to think about it. But you're right, the step design does save a lot more space.
Also looking forward to pics :D

Back