• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about new rabbit muffin ?

tracey madigan

Warren Scout
Hi, I have posted in another section about my new french lop muffin,anyway I have a few questions i could do with some help with.

I got her on sun and she is going to be a house rabbit,she has a room to herself and I dint get her a cage until tues so put a large tray in with her to use as a litter tray ,She didnt ! lol

Yesterday i got her a massive dog crate to put her bedding etc in but I left the door open but she has not set foot out of it since then ,I hope its because she likes it but i feel cruel even though the door is always open so it is her choice:?

Also some advice on litter training and what to line the base of the cage with would be good as she rips all the newspaper up and kicks the sawdust:roll: thanks

she is probably still getting used to her new surroundings so feels safe in the dog crate.

i wouldn't use sawdust as it isn't too good for them anyway. just use vetbed/profleece, or normal pet blankets.

line the tray with newspaper and plenty of hay. i also put megazorb between the hay and newspaper.

also, hay in trays, hayracks, to encourage her to eat alot of it.

filling the tray with hay will help her use it correctly, as buns like to eat on the loo! :lol: if she poops anywhere else, just move them into the tray. she will soon get the idea.

put lots of toys/tunnels around the room and she should soon venture out. maybe sit on the floor and hand feed her to gain her trust.

maybe when she is spayed (if she isn't already) you could adopt her a nice husbun from a rescue for company.

good luck :wave:

Yes i have ordered some megazorb already as it looks to be better than sawdust,she rips the newspaper from underneath though:roll: .Will add more hay and see how we go, she seems happier now than when we first brought her home:) I dont think she would have been treated as a pet as she was handed in to pets at home by a breeder:cry:

Yes i have ordered some megazorb already as it looks to be better than sawdust,she rips the newspaper from underneath though:roll: .Will add more hay and see how we go, she seems happier now than when we first brought her home:) I dont think she would have been treated as a pet as she was handed in to pets at home by a breeder:cry:

yeh, megazorb is really good. i use it in the trays. bisc and matt rip the newspaper from the trays aswell sometimes! :roll:

glad she seems happier and has settled more. i guess the breeder thought she wasn't the correct body shape or colour or something ridiculous! :evil:

at least she is with you now and can enjoy a great home and life. :)

yes, plenty of hay and toys will keep her occupied, and hopefully stop her tearing the newspaper up! :lol: she probably will from time to time anyway!!!

Back