• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polegate in Sussex to Scotland for gerbils

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Minimallow

We are trying to get two gerbils - one with bad biting issues from a small animal rescue in Polegate to us in Scotland.
These gerbils are single at the moment and we hope to take them on and introduce them together. Also we are going to try and work with the one with biting issues in order to make him rehomeable. At the moment he doesnt really have a chance of a home.
If anyone can help we would really appreciate it.
This doesnt have to be done in any specific time so as long as it take to get them here is fine.

Ahh thats a shame, we were in Eastbourne, close to Polegate, on Friday and could have brought them as far as Watford with us. My sisters are coming up soon, (they live in Eastbourne) will check the date - think it might be next week, could ask them if they'd like company - you never know!

Otherwise I would be happy to bring them up next time we go - could be before christmas, if you haven't arranged something by then. I would be happy to hold on to them until the next leg could be arranged.

Ahh thats a shame, we were in Eastbourne, close to Polegate, on Friday and could have brought them as far as Watford with us. My sisters are coming up soon, (they live in Eastbourne) will check the date - think it might be next week, could ask them if they'd like company - you never know!

Otherwise I would be happy to bring them up next time we go - could be before christmas, if you haven't arranged something by then. I would be happy to hold on to them until the next leg could be arranged.

That would be fantastic! Thank you :)

This is what Lea who is part of the rodent rescue said she could do if this fits in with anyone :)

I am going to Hertfordshire on Friday 4th Dec so could start off the train if someone could meet at South Mimms just off the M25, or the Galleria in Hatfield (A1M) (preferably morning.

Well, I'm not too far from there - I know the RSPCA Centre which is Southridge, South Mimms I believe - haven't checked the date yet but could probably meet her and collect them to hold on to if that helps at all?

Well, I'm not too far from there - I know the RSPCA Centre which is Southridge, South Mimms I believe - haven't checked the date yet but could probably meet her and collect them to hold on to if that helps at all?

That would be perfect if we couldnt get any further the same day :D:wave:

Depending on when it would be, i could probably pick up from somewhere down the M74 (maybe about Annandale Water Services) and bring back to Hamilton.
Gerbil could also stay with me overnight if needed.
Then i can also bring you about 2 bin bags full of loo rolls! hehe.

Depending on when it would be, i could probably pick up from somewhere down the M74 (maybe about Annandale Water Services) and bring back to Hamilton.
Gerbil could also stay with me overnight if needed.
Then i can also bring you about 2 bin bags full of loo rolls! hehe.

Aww Kirsty thats fantastic :D Thank you so much. We would come to Hamilton though as you doing annandale is help enough :love:

If I can help with a leg around the Midlands area please let me know. I am happy to go as far south at Hertfordshire as I know there reasonably well, particularly Hatfield, as I lived there for a while. I could bring up an hour or so north of Coventry.

If I can help with a leg around the Midlands area please let me know. I am happy to go as far south at Hertfordshire as I know there reasonably well, particularly Hatfield, as I lived there for a while. I could bring up an hour or so north of Coventry.

That would be wonderful thank you :D

So if Lea from the rescue was able to meet Dusty rabbit (correct me if im wrong as geography/directions arent my strongpoint) or helgalush at hertfordshire then we can get the gerbils an hour north of coventry. I will go look up the missing bits if i can handle it :lol:

I "think" this would be around an hour north of coventry in the direction we need to go. Does this sound right?

Stafford Service Area (ROAD CHEF) Travelodge

That would be wonderful thank you :D

So if Lea from the rescue was able to meet Dusty rabbit (correct me if im wrong as geography/directions arent my strongpoint) or helgalush at hertfordshire then we can get the gerbils an hour north of coventry. I will go look up the missing bits if i can handle it :lol:

Yeah just let me know. At a guess I am thinking that an hour north of here would be somewhere between Nottingham and Sheffield. It would be at least a 4 hour round trip south to Herts and then back north to Sheff and back to Coventry so I am sorry I cant do any further. I could only really do this on a weekend.

I was thinking maybe Stafford area but wasnt sure whether I should go M1 or M6 to get nearer to you. Happy to go either one as they are both not far from Coventry (M6 very near me).

Helen x

Yeah just let me know. At a guess I am thinking that an hour north of here would be somewhere between Nottingham and Sheffield. It would be at least a 4 hour round trip south to Herts and then back north to Sheff and back to Coventry so I am sorry I cant do any further. I could only really do this on a weekend.

God no! That would be a fantastic help. Thank you so much i wouldnt expect you to do as much as what you are doing never mind even more!:love:

God no! That would be a fantastic help. Thank you so much i wouldnt expect you to do as much as what you are doing never mind even more!:love:

Ok, well just let me know when - is it likely to be this weekend? I can do the one after, but I cant do the one after that. Little gerbil is going on a right long trek - will he or she be ok with the journey? (Sorry I dont know much about gerbils).

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I am going from Crawley very early Sunday morning up to Doncaster and back in the evening if thats ok any help, would need to meet up late afternoon/evening

Back