• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New carpet worries.....

MiniMadTez

Mama Doe
I usually leave Moochs cage open the whole time we are at home so he can come and go as he pleases, we have had bare floors since moving into the flat....however we have just had the whole flat carpeted (is that even a word?!)......and I am scared to let him out incase he pees on the new carpet!

He has only once peed recently out of his cage and that was when he ventured into the hall for the first time, he likes staying in the livingroom. Am I right to be worried about him peeing on the carpet? Or am I being paranoid? I'm just scared it will smell different to him and he will pee on it. We had problems in the last house with him peeing everywhere, the bed, the carpet, so im not sure if its a carpet thing?! :?

I do not really know to be honest, maybe it would be advisable to introduce him room by room, just do it slowley so he gets used to the carpet bit by bit. May also help to put some of 'HIS' things around on the floor so that there are famillular things around for him.

I do not really know to be honest, maybe it would be advisable to introduce him room by room, just do it slowley so he gets used to the carpet bit by bit. May also help to put some of 'HIS' things around on the floor so that there are famillular things around for him.

Yeah, I was thinking similar :? Just really dont want my new (cream!) carpet peed on! although yes I accept its one of those things when having pets! :roll:

I was giving Mooch a cuddle just now, and explaining he wasnt to pee on the carpet, so he peed on me instead :oops: NICE!

:lol: That is funny... Sorry shouldnt laugh but I guess if you dont you could just cry :lol:

Back