• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should it get worse before it gets better?

mum to Amos

Young Bun
Hello

Amos was castrated about 10 days ago, I know it takes a while for his behaviour to settle down but is it normal for it to get worse before it gets better?

we are trying to discourage him from jumping on the sofa as he often urinates on there. He wasnt too bad before the operation, he would jump on the sofa but you could softly tap his bum and he would jump off. now we have to pick him off the sofa. he does not like being handled so he wriggles at this! he then promptly will jump back on the sofa, he would never do this.

Also, the other night he ran accross the living room, i was lying on the sofa, he jumped right on my face and scratched all my arm!

he just seems to have went really hyper since the operation

any advice would be greatly appreciated

x

It will take a few weeks for his hormones to die, and given it is quite a recent operation, he may also be feeling a bit low still, or else be annoyed with you for what you put him through. Have you apologised to him? Preferaly with some sort of foody treat?

It will take a few weeks for his hormones to die, and given it is quite a recent operation, he may also be feeling a bit low still, or else be annoyed with you for what you put him through. Have you apologised to him? Preferaly with some sort of foody treat?

we bought him new treats and gave him a big hay tunnell a few days after the op and he gets plenty of cuddles! :cry:

Back