• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good hay please?

At the moment Jose just has the standard shop bought meadow hay (in her litter tray and in a corner of her base - which she usually just ends up sitting in), but though i might try her with a nicer one as a treat everyday

i use timothy hay( i get it from pets at home) for my buns well all but lollipop as he wont eat it so he has meadow hay

My buns are quite fussy but one likes timothy hay and the other likes oat, wheat and barley (i think!). I bought some sample bags from Hay Experts to find out which they preferred rather than spend loads of money on different big bags!!

I got the sample packs too. Mine arn't keen on anything other than the meadow hay ones it seems, they adore the readigrass though.

I got the sample packs too, my bun likes anything green, so the alpine and meadow hays were left barely eaten but all the green options were gobbled up!

Burns Green Oat Hay is a favourite with all our bunnies. They also get the Oxbow western timothy which they all go mad for! Its expensive, but worth it as theres never any waste, they gobble it all up! :lol: xxx

Burns Green Oat Hay is a favourite with all our bunnies. They also get the Oxbow western timothy which they all go mad for! Its expensive, but worth it as theres never any waste, they gobble it all up! :lol: xxx

I'm hoping to find some sort of food or hay that Jose will "go mad for", cos ive yet to find anything lol. She'd rather eat the wallpaper

If you can find your nearest farm shop, I dunno about elsewhere but round here you can get a huge bale of hay for £4.:D When I think of how much I used to pay in P@H etc for essentially a few handfuls of hay...

Im going to get the sample bags too.... Rimmi likes his hay but hes not nuts on it and I would prefer to find something he goes mad for instead of my food......

:p

I get a bale of hay from a farm which only costs £3 and lasts about 4-5 weeks. I wouldn't buy pet shop hay again, it's so much better quality and such good value for money.

Well the sample packs arrived yesteday and Jose deffo likes the Alfalfa Oat, Wheat and Barley hay :D

Gonna try her on a different one 2nite too

Back