• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New friend for Snowdrop

Nicolaj36

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :wave:

I have been looking for a male friend for Snowdrop for a few weeks now. Last night i came across a 2 year old male on RR who is living local to me. I have just spoken to the owner on the phone and i am goin to see him on Wednesday.

What i'm wondering is.... This rabbit isn't neutered, my rabbit is. I know that if you bond babies before the op then it can cause problems and they have to be rebonded afterwards, but if this rabbit is 2 years old is this going to be an issue, or is he at an age where they will get along happily? If they bond at all that is. :roll::)

Nicola

The issue with bonding an unnetered male with your neutered female is that he will pester her relentlessly which will almost guarantee to result in fighting and possibly injury. I would not bond an unnetered male with any rabbit until he has been snipped for a few weeks.

Thanks for your reply :)

Thought this might be the case but wanted to check. The woman i am rehoming from is also giving me his hutch, so i will book him in for the op and keep him in that in the meantime.

How long should i keep them seperate for once he is done?

Nicola

I like hormonal boys when I am bonding :oops: and usually bond after about 3 weeks whcih gives them time to recover but leaves them with high enough testosterone to get the bonding going quickly :shock:

Some people who are not used to bonding find this a little off putting and worrying.

Ok. Thanks for your help. Want to get them together as soon as poosible as i hate Snowdrop being on her own, so will probably leave it around 3 weeks like you say then give it a go!

Nicola

Back