• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garage Bunny outside question

footballgirl

Alpha Buck
Hi, this question has been asked before but my housing situation is different.

My bunny(a nethie) lives in a 5x2x2 double hutch in my garage. Now in the summer obviously we had her outside in her run and when it was raining or cold we brought her into the living room as there wasnt much of a temperature change.

But now its getting to be colder and with this being the first time I've had a bunny in the winter time, I'm after some advice.

My bun isnt an outside bun or a house bunny but whilst in the garage she does get some cold air come in from under the garage door, so she does get fresh air come through.

My question is, when should I stop putting her outside? I havent been putting out recently because it has been that little colder but she went out sat and sunday because they were nice days.

So a little confused.

Btw, when she doesnt go out I put her run up in the garage so she still gets her exercise.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

PS, the garage has never been used to store cars since we have been here, which is 11/12yrs now, so no need to worry.:)

I think what you really need is one of these digital thermometers for outdoors, then you can measure the temperature difference between the garage and outside. It's hard to tell what the temperature in your garage might be as there are so many factors that would affect it. I think it would still be fine to put her outside during the daylight hours for now.

Back