• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vegetables and Fruit

sailaice

Young Bun
I know this is repetitive....

Ages ago I found a lovely link on here to a list of safe fruits and veggies, I printed it out and stuck it to the fridge and OH went to the shop to get the critters some veg and now its lost! :censored:

Can everyone post the best places to find acceptable fruits and veg, a lot of the ones I am googling don't include Cauliflower for example which is strange as I know that its ok.. isn't it?

Thanks xx

dont have a link but what i give mine are

broccolii in small amounts can casue gas
sprouts again small amounts only can casue gas
celery -if chopped up
spring greeens
carrot small amounts due to sugar content
parsley-small amounts due to high calcium content but it can be useul for rabbits with athritus as a medicinal veg
corriander
mint
spinach
apple tree leaves and branches
apple
pear
banana
strawberry leaves(from plant)
wallflowers
grass
nasturshiums ( aslo can put the flowers into ice cubes make very decorative drinks in summer! as edible for humans too)
nut tree leaves(hazelnut)
blackcurrent bush leavees
vetch
dandilions
blackberry bush
rose petals and leaves
bramble
think thats everything hope it helps x

I know this is repetitive....

Ages ago I found a lovely link on here to a list of safe fruits and veggies, I printed it out and stuck it to the fridge and OH went to the shop to get the critters some veg and now its lost! :censored:

Can everyone post the best places to find acceptable fruits and veg, a lot of the ones I am googling don't include Cauliflower for example which is strange as I know that its ok.. isn't it?

Thanks xx

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/safefoods.htm

That's really intereting - I've been looking for lists of foods to feed for ages.

Has anyone a list of foods NOT to give?

Back