• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday Problems

bobbi

New Kit
My daughter has 2 female rabbits, both 5 months old. Before we went on holiday she could handle them both well. One is naturally more timid than the other but both happy enough to be stroked and the bolder happy to have a cuddle on her knee. We have just returned from our holidays yesterday and the bolder of the 2, who used to nibble at our shoes etc when in the run with them has become very aggressive and started biting quite viciously when we go anywhere near her. In fact when I went in to feed them today she practically chased me out, I am very concerned as you will all appreciate and desperalty need some help.

The lady who looked after them said she did not handle them very much while we were away - do you think time will put this right.

Are they spayed? How old are they?

If they are young then it could be that they have become hormonal while you were away and thats why there is a change in their behaviour.

Yeah, that should solve the problem, but u can't really pick them up for a few days afterwards coz it hurts their tummies

It would probably still take more than a few days for hormones to die down.

After 10 days they should be mostly healed, but hormones may still be a little active for a while.

Jet calmed down straight after her op, and my other two girls never had issues before theirs so I dont really have many bad experiences to feedback on.

Back