• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jumping and safety

lunar6769

Alpha Buck
A few times yesterday and today Miffy jumped onto the top of the run (fine) and then onto the roof of the hutch :shock: and totally freaked us all out.

It is about 3'6" off the ground at the apex - we got her down safely each time and have tried to discourage her but will I have to block off the way as I fear it is too high for a rabbit to jump from??

Is it dangerous for her?

Fluffy looks on as if she is bonkers - which she is a bit :)

Last edited:
I think some of them are daft enough to jump onto something high and then it's much more dangerous to come back down again.

Tinks is a devil for that - you need eyes in the back of your head. She jumped on top of a fish tank once - about 4 ft off the ground - thank god there was a lid on and I was in the room at the time :shock::shock: I keep her in a high sided pen now for peace of mind :roll:

I'd be inclinded to block it off especially if she's ever in there unsupervised, but I tend to be a bit over-protective, someone with more experience may say she will be okay.

depends on the rabbit. Penny is my most frail, Buster's just clumsy I wouldn't like to see either of them jump from that height. On the other hand my other four are very agile and it wouldn't be a problem for them. Ellie jumps up 4 feet never mind down.:)

Thank you for your replies.

I will keep a close eye on her - we are going to get some more 'ground' toys today and mock up some low down climbing fun to encourage play at a sensible level :lol:

Back