• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lost fur!?

clarke

Young Bun
we have a male and female rabbit who get on very well, it was love at first sight! Certain days the male who isn't neutered, humps the female who has been spayed, every second of the day. She has started to lose a lot of fur on her back where he is locking on. My question is if this is normal and will it be doing her any harm? Should we seperate them or would this do more harm than good.

i would definitely get your male neutered as he's likely to annoy the female until she turns on him and attempts to neuter him herself:shock: Seriously ,she can inflict some serious damage on him.

Id definately seperate, neutor then rebond.

My baby male started *trying* to hump my female, and luckily as they were house buns at the time with a big pen, she could get away, but she did start to get annoyed at him.

If he's actually doing it and pulling her fur, like Daisylop said, she could easily turn nasty, or he could even eventually put a wound into her back, which could get infected.

Good luck!

Back