• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a little help please

steve'o'

New Kit
i've just got an 11 week old bunny and she's off to the vet tomorrow for her injections i was just wondering at what age i should have her spayed as i've heard female rabbits turn agressive which will be a shame as she's so sweet and gentle at the moment, also is she still too young to go out in a pen on the grass i've heard she shouldn't eat grass until she is a bit older, any help would be great,
thanks guys x

i've just got an 11 week old bunny and she's off to the vet tomorrow for her injections i was just wondering at what age i should have her spayed as i've heard female rabbits turn agressive which will be a shame as she's so sweet and gentle at the moment, also is she still too young to go out in a pen on the grass i've heard she shouldn't eat grass until she is a bit older, any help would be great,
thanks guys x

It's usually best to have the females spayed between 4 to 6 months. some of my rabbits have been eating grass from 4 weeks and I haven't had any problems although I hadn't heard that they shouldn't. It is best to have them done as soon as poss though. Anesthetic is dangerous for any rabbit but even more so when they get older.

No problem steve'o'. I build hutch and runs in my spare time. I'm advertising one on oodle now. I originally built this one for my sister in law but she changed her mind about having rabbits so i'm selling it. if it sells I might build a few more. I can't deliver though.

thanks guys x

Injections must be given two weeks apart minimum! :wave:

Also baby buns have sensitive tums - grass is fine but like anything should be introduced slowly so don't leave her on the grass all day straight off - try to leave her a bit longer every day.

Back