• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bun is peeing outside the tray

LloydFerris

Warren Scout
The first few days after we got Saffy (spayed female), she was weeing in the littertray and marking the pen with poos. Now she has started marking the pen with poos AND pee! I have to put their blankies in the wash every night. What the heck is she doing this for?
She also likes to jump on the couches and leave a few poos behind. These are the same couches Lloyd (neutered male) was weeing on. (I do leave a litter tray on the most violated couch and it seems to be helping.)
What I am most curious about now is why Saffy is weeing outside the tray? (but still in their pen)
Also...is it odd that her normally dry, fluffy tail was soaked with wee earlier tonight? I was sitting with them on the floor and noticed the underside of her tail was drenched. I pay my buns lots of attention and haven't noticed this before with her-although I have only had her less than a week.

One mystery solved...

The wee-soaked tail is no longer an issue-I discovered a puddle she'd made by her bowl that she sat in! Geez!

The wee-soaked tail is no longer an issue-I discovered a puddle she'd made by her bowl that she sat in! Geez!

Probably still marking the joint territory if recently bonded BUT urinating beside the litter tray could indicate a UTI and therefore I would want a vet check up to rule out any health issues first. Good luck :)

Luckily, Saffy has a check up in an hour! (it is after 1pm here!)
I was out all morning and just came home to find a lot of wee in the tray and nothing in the pen, so she's probably fine and just doing some marking. I will talk to the vet about it, though!
Thank you!

Back