• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fighting

eco mum

Young Bun
I have had Elvis for 2 months and Gizmo was introduced to him last week. They were the best of friends and cuddled and Elvis loved to be licked by her.

Yesturday took a turn were they both started scrapping and hair was flying everywere so i split the up.

Today i put them together and after 5 mins they started fighting again and hair was flying everywere. So i have split them up again. i realise now after speaking to julie that i should not have spit them up.
It is just fer though i have not noticed and cuts.

My plan now is to put them in one carrier and take them around to my in-laws in the car (were having a bbq) and put them in there pen together in there garden.

I would love any advice on what i would do next and how to get them to be friends again.

Are they both neutered/ spayed? If not doing this will help. Yes a car journey will help too. If it has only been a couple of weeks it will take them some time to settle down. My lot always have occasional squabbles good luck with them

they are both spayed/neutered Elvis for only a few weeks though. Gizmo will not let him do anythinf she walk off away from him, My concern is how long do fights normally last and at what point should i split them up?

Update
They had a couple of fights yesturday at my inlaws house and it was a horrible site with fer flying everywere, i couldn't watch but hubby kept an eye on them and it didn't last long. I'm not sure who won or how you can tell but it does not seem to have put Elvis off trying to get his way.

There back in the house now and i have put them in a different room until they sort it out.

Last edited:
Like I said on the phone, my 2 girls started fighting after months of being in a bonded 4. Peanut was cover in scabs and fur was everywhere in their enclosure. It went on for a couple of weeks but I just left them to it. They are all fine again now. Unless there is a serious injurie then don't split them up. Elvis was only neutered recently so will take a while for his hormones to calm down as with Gizmos. Good luck :wave:

Hi, i'm sorry but I don't agree, if buns are fighting then you need to split them up BEFORE a serious injury occurs. There could have been a noise, smell or simply a bond breaking that caused the original fight for whatever reason. Fighting and the resultant stress of this on the bunny I would think was not in their best interests health wise and you could end up with one bun in bloat from the stress of it all, if not serious injuries.
I would personally separate and then reintroduce on neutral territory.
I do think that if the fighting keeps happening then you may have to accept that this bond is not meant to be, sorry. :( That's just my opinion though. :(

Back