• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: coco 7yr old neutered special male

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of bunlover

cocos story:

he is the male clack rabbit lionhead cross i took on who had come from a rubbish home originally he was abandoned in a house when the people moved out then after that thier neighbours took him on he lived alone all his life in a 4ft hutch he spent 2yrs of this time not leaving the hutch and being fed when they could (lady had cancer and daughter special needs) a man came around every 2 weeks to clean him out and it was filthy.

he originally was petrified and very aggressive to men though this seems to have subsided now. he was 6/7yrs old. when i collected him he looked initially to have urine scold but after a few bathings that soon cleared up.

i have had him vaccinated and also neutered and pannacured for 28 days upon his arrival with me. his neuter had complications tho he is now absolutly fine.

apart from his age 7yrs ish he has got the beggingings of age related cateracts and also has age related sight problems so can not see things close up.his distance vision is ok for now. he loves running in the garden and absolutly hates being shut in any small space particularly dog crates he paws to come out and gets a sad look. he is being housed in the garden now in a 6ft hutch with free run of garden for a minimum of 4hours every day tho most days he has 6-8hours out.

ideally i would like someone who will allow him free run time in their garden supervised as well as the possibility of run time when they cannot watch him (tho this could be minimal in comparison to his free time as he hates being cooped up)

he could possibly be a house rabbit with garden access time but i would want the access to be daily as he really loves his grass so much and it does his teeth good he is not a great hay eater tho will eat some.

we dont know how his sight will progress but you must be prepared for him to in future go blind therefore the minimal amount of home change would be best as his sight deteriates to help him cope better.

he also is a dental rabbit and i want a home who will leave it as long as possible between ga's due to his age but at same time not neglect his teeth so far its been 6months since his last dental his teeth are uneven but causing no problems (they are checked every few months) he grinds his food the wrong way leading to castle shaped teeth they are fine left like this until they start to cause him trouble.

i very much want to keep him myself and have become very attatched but it would be selfish for him to live alone he desperatly seeks love and attention and wants his own girlfreind. he gets along fine with my dora but him and arthur have had scuffles i would atttempt a threesome with them except i do not want arthur to be left out and this is what has been shown when i have trialed. he also has had initial good start first dates with other rabbits but his potential companion has since died :(

but i think he needs an older female 5yrs and up as his companion to ensure as his age progresses he is not startled by a bouncy young bunny.

he is very food orientated so you will have to ration him a little bit!! he also will eat cake and biscuits if allowed to snaffle them off you so would prefer someone who will keep that to a treat basis such as whomeal toast now and again!!!

coco is a very very loving bunny who wants his own girlfreind. i was planning to bond him to sooty mums rabbit but sooty has sadly suddenly passed away and i now have to find him a different home.

it is with regret i am rehoming him and he will only be rehomed to a very very special home i am sorry to be so particular especially as he has so much going against him but he needs a "normal" home with a special bunny to love him if i dont find a home for him here i will have to rethink my game plan at our house for him to be here.
pictures are here
SS100240.jpg

SS100278.jpg

this should read black lionhead cross i made a typo sorry guys..not clack
he really is a special boy who needs a special home x

Back