• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits still at it like...rabbits!

Emma J B

Young Bun
My boy was neutered about three months ago. My girl isn't yet spayed although she will be very soon. They live next to each other, separated by wire mesh and sometimes go out in the garden together or in the shed. They get on fine although my boy is still "humping like crazy"! She lets him and makes funny little squeaking noises (like a guinea pig). I know she is obviously still hormonal but will he stop mounting her when she's spayed or could he still act like this? It's him thats doing all the chasing and mounting. I just want to know if it's the fact that she's not yet spayed that's causing him to be like this or is he always going to be like this even though he's been neutered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My thoughts are when she has been speyed,she wont want to know and she wont have that lovely female smell around her so it will calm down.Just a thought.I have a speyed doe and an intact buck.Shes not interested in him at all....they chat through the wire but I think once hes been done itll be all ok.

I have the opposite problem..had my female rabbit spade done and my male rabbit is humping her like mad..she keeps running away from him...he is booked in next week and fingers crossed in a few weeks no more me getting spray and her getting humped lol

Back