• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny & Guinea Pigs

I was wondering if bunnies and guinea pigs will bond or is it a good
idea? I have two guinea pigs a female and a male, and my baby
bunny (adopted today) is only 5 weeks old. Since I don't breed I thought
they would like to play with each other under supervision. I've seen a
couple of videos online and everything looks fine for me. Any ideas? Also
my puppy loves my piggies and they play together all the time he is gentle
is my puppy going to get along with the bunny? Any ideas? or experiences?

Bunnies and piggies should not be together at all.A bunny could kick a piggie and kill it.They also have totally different diets.
Maybe you could get your bunny a friend of his own:D

Hi :wave:

Bunnies and Guineas should definately NOT live or play together as they have completely different dietary needs and Rabbits carry Bordatella which can be fatal to Guinea Pigs.

Is your male Guinea Pig neutered? If not, you will soon have babies to deal with. If you can, it would be great to get your male piggy neutered so he can live with your female without the fear of babies (he will need to be kept away from her for at least 6 weeks after the op) and get a friend for your bunny. Are you sure she is 5 weeks old?!?! That is very young for a bunny to be homed.

It would be far more beneficial to the guinea pigs and your bun for them to have company of their own kind and for the male guinea pig, your bunny and any other bunny you get, whether male or female, to be neutered.

Hi :wave:

Bunnies and Guineas should definately NOT live or play together as they have completely different dietary needs and Rabbits carry Bordatella which can be fatal to Guinea Pigs.

Is your male Guinea Pig neutered? If not, you will soon have babies to deal with. If you can, it would be great to get your male piggy neutered so he can live with your female without the fear of babies (he will need to be kept away from her for at least 6 weeks after the op) and get a friend for your bunny. Are you sure she is 5 weeks old?!?! That is very young for a bunny to be homed.

It would be far more beneficial to the guinea pigs and your bun for them to have company of their own kind and for the male guinea pig, your bunny and any other bunny you get, whether male or female, to be neutered.

My guinea pigs are separated from each other they are brother and
sister they have their own cages. Acording to the age that's what
the shelter lady told me, this is my first time having bunnies so
I don't know how to sex them.

ßuŋŋΫ Łüv;3154210 said:
My guinea pigs are separated from each other they are brother and
sister they have their own cages. Acording to the age that's what
the shelter lady told me, this is my first time having bunnies so
I don't know how to sex them.

Guinea pigs do like to have company so it would be nice for them to live together eventually if you got the male neutered.

You could take your bunny to a vet to be sexed. Is it eating well etc?

Do you have any pics :)

Guinea pigs do like to have company so it would be nice for them to live together eventually if you got the male neutered.

You could take your bunny to a vet to be sexed. Is it eating well etc?

Do you have any pics :)

He'll be home tomorrow, I dont have any pictures of him/her yet, but
I'll take some tomorrow. I have to take the bunny back in 3 months to
neuter or spay it.

Back