• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New run, phase one complete/ 30th U/D phase 2 compleleted

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I know it doesn't look much yet, but it has taken weeks!

Originally it was a really high rockery which has taken weeks to dig out :roll: We then laid chicken wire and turf on top. Half of it has died as it was really hot and dry when it was laid but with all this wet weather it is starting to make a come back :)

We can't make the lid yet as we are waiting for Happy Hutch to deliver our custom made hutch to sit on top.

Hopefully it will be Bundy and Imogen's new home, if they ever decide to get on.

Building runs and doing a difficult bond at the same time is not recommended :lol:

HPIM1947.jpg

HPIM1949.jpg

HPIM1948.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Liz :D Now come Bundy & Imogen please fall in love for your mummy & daddy so can move into your new pad when it's finished ;)

Thats lovely Liz, lovely colour paint as well :)
I know it takes ages to do anything in the garden! I thought i would have my lot done in one weekend :lol:

Phase 2 is now completed. We were hoping to get the whole thing finished today but the heat has beaten us. I really want it finished as we have been building bunny accomodation every weekend and some weekdays for around 9 weeks now. I am so sick of willow wood stain :censored::lol:

I just hope Bundy and Imogen appreciate it :) The hutch doesn't look that big in the piccys but it is pretty large, the 2 buns look quite lost in it :)

HPIM2026.jpg

HPIM2027.jpg

HPIM2028.jpg

Because it is grass they will not be able to have 24 access to the run, so they will be taken out every morning and put back in at night :) We need to be able to keep them off at night to be able to water it.

If it was concrete we would have made a ramp as that would need no maintenance, but Imogen has sore hocks so can only exercise on grass.

Because it is grass they will not be able to have 24 access to the run, so they will be taken out every morning and put back in at night :) We need to be able to keep them off at night to be able to water it.

If it was concrete we would have made a ramp as that would need no maintenance, but Imogen has sore hocks so can only exercise on grass.

ooh i see :D Cool :)

When aer they moveing in? :lol: Or have they already? x

They have been in the hutch for a couple of nights now, but this is the first time they will have been in it in its proper place :)

they are using the run with supervision, but I can't wait to get the lids made so they can have it all day and evening :)

Looking good, what kind of wood stain did you use.
Mike has been out welding our runs today and we will paint with hammerite (green) before the weldmesh goes on, but I'd like to paint the hutches in a matching/ complementary colour with wood stain.

It must be so good to feel like you are moving forward, I wish I could feel like that just now.

Looking good, what kind of wood stain did you use.
Mike has been out welding our runs today and we will paint with hammerite (green) before the weldmesh goes on, but I'd like to paint the hutches in a matching/ complementary colour with wood stain.

It must be so good to feel like you are moving forward, I wish I could feel like that just now.

The green is cuprinol willow wood stain and the cream is wilkos exterior gloss, but we have only put that in the places the buns can't reach :)

I always paint the frames before putting the mesh on, I find it so much easier.

I guess we are moving forward but have got to the point now where I feel like I am going insane with it, I just want it to be over.

We still want to replace the food/piggy shed and want to convert a bycycle storage shed for some other buns but really nee d to take a break from it for a while.

The green is cuprinol willow wood stain and the cream is wilkos exterior gloss, but we have only put that in the places the buns can't reach :)

I always paint the frames before putting the mesh on, I find it so much easier.

I guess we are moving forward but have got to the point now where I feel like I am going insane with it, I just want it to be over.

We still want to replace the food/piggy shed and want to convert a bycycle storage shed for some other buns but really nee d to take a break from it for a while.

That's the way it is though, isn't it, there is always something else to be done.
Still, you have to pace yourselves so you don't get ' scunnered'. ( a scottish work for fed up.:lol:)

Back