• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which Litter For Litter Tray?

Pinkchi

Warren Scout
I plan to use a cat litter as a base with hay on the top but not sure which cat litter would be best?

Clumping or non clumping?
Paper based or wood pellet?

I think its between Biocatolet & Pets at home non clumping wood pellet, although it says it has a slight pine scent....would that be okay for bunnies or should i go for the biocat?

Non-clumping. Paper based or wood based should both be okay but try to avoid anything you think the buns might try to eat. I would avoid scented litter unless it's specifically designed for rabbits as the chemicals might be unsafe.

I have always used wood pellets.I tried a paper pulp one in the past & it smelt really fishy when wet-not pleasant in the house!:lol:Besides Dill is an avid paper/cardboard eater so think he would eat that kind.

Most people seem to prefer wood based, but I used it for a while and it got everywhere - when wet it just disintegrates and becomes like sawdust.

I use the paper Biocatolet now and haven't noticed it smells bad (though I think Coco has had the odd nibble of it) :roll:

just so everyone knows biocatolet isnt 100% paper it has some sort of gelling agent that makes it slimy when wet and a fragrance added, the company are very shady on details when asked for some reasons. Yesterdays news do rabbit litter which is very good :) and no added anythings!!

100% recycled paper
No landfill or disturbing Mother Earth
Light to carry
Lasts long than other cat litters
12lt =7/10days 25lt = 20/24days
Built in winter and summer perfumes
Contains a flea deterrent (veg based)
A brand pet owners trust
Absorbs 250% of its own weight
Suitable for other small animals
Value for money
100% bio-degradable