• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bunny with myxi looking really sad

lelly34

New Kit
When i went to the vets on Wednesday the vet said it was not to bad and should get over the myxi about 4 weeks if he had his injection before i got him but his eyes are starting to look a little worse and there are a few spots appearing on him nose when there was only one on wednesday they have not broke open just under the surface. i just wonder if there is any other treatment i only have been given eye drops so far does any one recommend anything for him ??

Sorry to hear about your bunny. I am sorry I don't have any advice for you other than to suggest you do a search as I am sure I have seen threads about bunnies who have fought myxi. Sending vibes for bunny.

my baby rabbit which had vacine wednesday looks heavy eyed today

can anyone tell me do rabbits get a reaction to the vacine as my baby rabbit does not look her normal self today the older brother seems a bit snuffly as well it that normal when they have myxi x i dont feel i am having any luck with rabbits at the moment x

can anyone tell me do rabbits get a reaction to the vacine as my baby rabbit does not look her normal self today the older brother seems a bit snuffly as well it that normal when they have myxi x i dont feel i am having any luck with rabbits at the moment x

Which Rabbit has Myxi and when were they vaccinated?
I would advise you to get both Buns back to the Vet. Antibiotics are needed in any attempt to treat Myxomatosis, beit in a Vaccinated Rabbit or not. It is usually a secondary bacterial pneumonia that causes fatalities.

Back