• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Rabbit Needs a New home

hey everyone my bunnys have started fighting im not sure whatto do i have only just gathered they are two boys

i would be happy to rehome one but preferably to sum1 who has a neutered female i really dont want to give him away but theres nothing i can do i cant afford the neutering for both of the bunnys at the moment

can anyone help me :'(

Split them up, pay for one to be nuetered then save for the other then try to rebond. Rabbits are very expensive. Good luck, hope you can sort something out:)

Are you positive they are both boys?

Split them up, pay for one to be nuetered then save for the other then try to rebond. Rabbits are very expensive. Good luck, hope you can sort something out:)

Are you positive they are both boys?

i agree, neuter one then save up then neuter the other one. keep the seperate until both are neutered and calm :wave:
hope things work out.
:wave:

HI
I have 2 boys and it is possible to bond 2 boys, but you should get both neutered.

Perhaps as unalakey says, get one done now and save for the other one.

Good luck

yes positive they are boys
ye ill buy a separate hutch for now
do both have to be neutured or is it ok for one to be
or will they still fight

they both have to be. Ring round all your local vets to see who is the cheapest so you may not have to save as much as you think. Bonding should be done when they have both been done and bond them on neutral ground other wise they will still fight. Good luck.

I would def get both done - one may try to bite the other's bits off otherwise.

I have a bonded mixed sex group of 9 buns. All are neutered/spayed & they get on fine:D

they live much longer when neuter and you cut the risk of cancer significantly, I forget which cancer it is if you don't.

ok thanks guys im gona buy a hutch tomorrow and and my mom said she will get the neutered asap

how long should i wait untill i go to bond them agen after they have been neutured

Forgive me for asking stupid questions but surely if you can afford to buy a new hutch then you can afford to have them both neutered? Unless its not a very big hutch :shock:

Forgive me for asking stupid questions but surely if you can afford to buy a new hutch then you can afford to have them both neutered? Unless its not a very big hutch :shock:

I was thinking that. The cost of neutering would be cheaper than buy a good hutch.

I was thinking that. The cost of neutering would be cheaper than buy a good hutch.

but either way until they can be neutered and rebonded they will need seperate accomodation regardles of cost. so it wil lbe an added expense.

i do think you should contact your local pdsa or rspca and see if they can help with costs also ring around different vets it seems to really vary and jsut coz one is cheaper doesnt mean its worse in fact they may be veryknowledgable about rabbits its all about finding a good vet! my local vet charges £45 per male neutere which i htink is very cheap ( though obviously if you are struggling financially whatever teh circumstances) then it can seem a bit steep. once both are neutered (when you can afford it) then they wil lneed rebonding on neutral territory a local rescue for a small donatio nwill help you if you have no where at home suitable. even if you rehomed the make with a netered female unless he was already fixed(which i assume he wouldnt be) then he will either fight or pester her until she snaps at him genrally best to neutere any rabbits regardles sof sex before attempting bonding i wish breeders/petshops advertised this better! also i dont know how new you are to rabbit care but hutch size is reccomeneded 6ftx2ftx2ft attatched to a 6x6ft run again not something you often find in pet shops but if you get anythign smaller than a 5ft it really isnt fair on the rabbit as they dont have teh space they need (rspca guidelines agree with this) also are teh rabbits vaccinated against vhd/mxyi? i would consider that my first priortity if they arent financially adn as the summer draws near prehaps rear guarding too? anyhows best of luck i hope things get better and you find a way to raise the cash for the nueters.. how about a car boot or selling a few bits on ebay? x

if the PDSA cannot help you may find the Pet Vaccination clinic very reasonable http://www.petvaccinationclinic.co.uk/ . I think you will probably find them under £40 per bun. You would still need to keep them separated for a few weeks for the hormones to calm down but perhaps one could become a house bunny for a few weeks rather than going & buying a new hutch???

Back