• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cleaning out the hutch,how oftern?

mybunnies

Warren Scout
i like to empty the litter trays daily,but coco seems to hate me doing this,hes pulling the bottom on my jeans and refuses to get out of the tray,lol

when i do eventually clean it out he goes back into the hutch,and tips it upside down and empties it out, :roll:

should i leave the trays longer?if so how long?

sandy is fine about him trashing the hutch,she just leaves him to it,
him being mr grumpy:lol:

I clean all urine and poo out of the hutch and run once daily. The wet litter and poos are skipped out and new litter added. If I left it longer, I'd think it was unhygenic.

I think sometimes they see the litter tray as a special place rather than a toilet.
one of my rabbits Sooty will rush to sit on the litter tray when I appear !!
so I go in and clean it when shes in the garden. Perhaps you could clean the litter tray when hes not looking?
.you could try leaving a tiny bit of weed-on litter on the fresh litter each day for a few days so it still has his smell on it?.-Sue:wave:

Back