• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Does Snowdrop need the vet again?- Need to decide quick

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I cant make my mind up whether I need to take Snowdrop bac to th vets today.

She is eating fine and bright in herself and plenty is coming out the other end. But her poos are different sizes with the majority of them being larger than usual. They are full of fibre when i break them up.

She has metacam and metaclop tablets that i have been giving over the bank holiday at home and she saw the vet on saturday when she wasnt eating. Should I give her another day on the medication and see what her poos are like tomorrow or should I take her back today?

I need to decide quickly as I wont do her morning meds if im taking her in.

Thanks. I think the vet will just tell me to give her a bit more time as she said an GA and xray would be the last resort after the way we lost Graham. I will give the vet a ring and see what she says.

The vet has said she would rather we continue with her meds today and see how she is tomorrow. They are really busy today so would have a long wait which will stress Snowdrop out so she has booked me in for tomorrow morning.

She seems fine. its just her poos now. And with her coming from rescue im not sure what is normal for her.

Generally are poos that are more mini egg size and shape an indicator of anything serious?

Back